Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Board

Hello board:

I’ve been following NF for a little over a year now trying to get motivated to start a good healthy diet and workout routine…I’ve always flirted around with diets and exercise, but nothing really stuck…I’m 42, married with 3 kids and lead a very busy life, but after many failed attempts, I believe I’ve cleared the first hurdle…

I’ve always toyed with the Primal Diet (or “Lifestyle†as some would suggest), but as of April my diet consists of 90% primal eating and the first really big hurdle was eliminating ALL sodas from my diet…Mt. Dew is my brand of heroin…one sip and I could very easily fall back into the habit!...but so far so good…

I really never had a weight issue…before I started really focusing on my health, I weighed around 185 and today I’m around 176 and I’m 5’9â€â€¦I’d like to get around 165 to 170…

I’m still trying to formulize my workout routine now that I’ve been going to the gym consistently…I’m leaning towards the Push/Pull workout plan, so I’m just researching the best exercises for each day that includes free weights. I also have yet to include much cardio…but after 45 mins of supersets, I feel like I just sprinted ½ a mile and am soaked in sweat. I also drink Ovaltine chocolate milk as my post workout recovery drink…and so far I’ve had nice results…I’ve toned up a little and I can tell I’ve lost a little in my waist (my belt tightens one more notch)…

I’ve also, as of yesterday started to include deadlifts and squats (which I’ll start on my next leg day), so I’m excited about that…

I plan on posting my workout routine for some to comment on soon and look forward to any feedback!

Archived