Forums are back in action! ×

Vote for my video!

I think the off topic room is the place for this. I need some help and thought "I bet the rebellion could give me some votes" :-) My friend and I have been working to launch a youtube channel where we make funny, entertaining, and fun puppet videos. We've been doing this on an off for a couple years now. Well  last month my partner quit his job and has now dove in to do this thing full time. 

To get a boost to our launch we have applied to be part of the Geek and Sundry Vlog network. This could be a huge deal for us! To get to the next level though we need votes. That's where I know you all can help me out. All you have to do is visit this site, and click Vote on the video. You can watch it too :) You can vote daily and if you can share our voting link I would be forever in your debt. Let me know if you have any questions at all about what we do. Viva La Puppets! 

LvL 2 - Viking Adventurer (Warrior in Training)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 5 | WIS 5 | CHA 5

Current Challenge ~ Fit Bit Profile ~  Rogue Squadron ~

~ YouTube ~ @JConfidence ~ Facebook ~

Totally voted. And watched. Nicely shot video! :)

Nice quality camera, good editing and well spoken. My only suggestion is maybe you could add a little music into the video. Just a nice looped soundtrack will do, make sure the volume is quite low so it's subtle, so the viewer can hear it but their attention is still focused on the person they're watching and listening to. Music can just help to make it a little more engaging. 

I gotta ask - what kind of camera are you using to record the videos? Are you using a DSLR, or a actual video camera? If a DSLR, what kind of lens you working with? 

About music. With YouTube they claim you shouldn't use copyrighted material (e.g. like music) for your soundtracks otherwise you may not be eligible for the YouTube partnership program, e.g. to get money off YouTube. Personally I think it's bull crap, because so many people use copyrighted material but clearly still make money off YouTube, because they get views. It's so hypocritical. However, remember there are ways to get music for free. Look at free to use/download programs like Acid or Garage Band for example (which I know is an Apple only program). Either way as for music, it can honestly just be a subtle loop. 

I can sorta relate to your video and goal, in a way. My current full time job does pay okay and it is what I want to do, sort of (multimedia and digital media) but my greatest passion, which I never get to do in my job, is drawing. One day I hope to make web comics and cartoons, maybe even a YouTube channel of my own that involves illustrated comedy stories. 

Anyway, back to you sorry. Good luck with your videos and YouTube channel! 

Got my vote,brother!Went in there and gave my vote,not a problem :)

I'm here because I wanna be proud when I look in the mirror and be an ispiration.What are YOU here for?

STR-1 DEX-3 STA-3 WIS-2 CHA-1 CON-5(I NEVER get sick.Don't make a noise when you punch me either).

Level-1.

I believe in the power of the mind and Law Of Attraction.

From now on,I proclaim myself not afraid of scorpions!

Thanks for the votes everyone!

Cr33g: We're using a DSLR now, Canon 5d mark 2. We toyed around with having music in there too. I went back and forth on it a few times. Not many vlogs have backing tracks, but music can add a lot to it. 

Good luck on your dreams and aspirations! I am the worst at drawing anything. There have been many times where it would have been awesome to have an artist to partner with. Much respect to anyone who can do it. Look forward to seeing you put out the next big web comic :) 

LvL 2 - Viking Adventurer (Warrior in Training)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 5 | WIS 5 | CHA 5

Current Challenge ~ Fit Bit Profile ~  Rogue Squadron ~

~ YouTube ~ @JConfidence ~ Facebook ~