Forums are back in action! ×

Ahhh synchronicity...

Stumbled upon this site by accident and I must say that so many of the blog posts and stories here resonate with me on a personal level and have come to me at the right time... it’s kind of crazy!

I have been quite the nerd for my entire life, books, sci-fi movies, science and nature, art, music, mythology and comparative religion, history, graphic design...

I definitely knew what it felt like to be different growing up and often felt the cold wrath of my peers because of it but I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I have no doubt that being a nerd can make you a stronger person because in order to survive yourself you have to stop fearing being different from others, embrace what makes you tick and love who you truly are. It’s definitely a very tough thing to do (and at 35 I still struggle with it sometimes) but there’s a sense of genuineness about it. Nerds are some of the finest people out there because of it! I LOVE that this site encourages people to harness the inner strength they have developed by just by being themselves their whole lives.

I, myself, am a runner and currently training for my first marathon. I have made a lot of lifestyle changes in the past couple of years and, am feeling the best I ever have in my life but there is always work to do and this site seems to be very helpful. I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with what looks like an awesome group of people!!!

Archived