Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie looking for good info/advice

Hey I'm Joe, I found NF a couple weeks ago while searching for bodyweight exercises I could do at work and home. I saw the Beginner Bodyweight Training and decided to start doing that program. I'm a week and a half in and I feel awesome. I still can't make it through 3 circuits doing all the exercises, so I dropped them a little until I can work up to them.

I'm doing three circuits, but

Instead of 20 bodyweight squats I'm doing 10
Instead of 10 push ups I'm doing 8

Instead of  20 lunges I'm doing 10

Instead of 10 dumbell rows I'm doing 8 (per side) using 30lbs

For the 15 second plank I'm doing 15-20 seconds

Instead of 30 jumping jacks I'm doing 20.

My goal is to be as healthy as possible for the following reasons: I recieved a kidney from my sister 4.5 years ago, and I want it to last as long as possible. Kind of a big gift to just waste, plus I never want to go through dialysis again. I have a 20 month old son and I want to keep up with him and be around as long as possible for him and my wife. Looking and feeling better are added bonuses. I don't care about what I weigh, as long as I'm healthy.

I chose Warrior as my profession because I really like lifting weights. I used to go to the gym years ago and I hated the cardio and loved the lifting. I felt like I could never really build muscle though, not sure if it was my diet, drinking, and smoking or my kidney disease or all those factors. Anyway I'm thrilled to have found this forum and I'll be doing lots of reading to find out the best ways to acheive my goals.

A little more about me, I'm 6'1, 210lbs, 34 y.o., male. Live in beautiful sunny Arizona. Also, I think I'm changing my occupation to warrior/Ranger maybe? Really happy to have found this site, I've been reading the articles like crazy! I actually look forward to the days I do my body weight training. Can't wait to get out of work today so I can exercise.

Archived