Forums are back in action! ×

Tough Mudder Dragon: Slain!

So this past Saturday I ran a tough mudder in colorado with my cousin and his military buddy. I think we unknowingly chose the most difficult course possible - the elevation never went below 8,000 feet, and since it was at a ski resort, there were a TON of steep hills along the course. I'm from a place with decent elevation, but they were from Kansas, so it was definitely a challenge for us in various ways.

But we made it! Especially through the obstacles I was nervous about - Arctic Enema, Electric Eel, Everest, and Electroshock Therapy.

If there are any other potential mudders out there, trust me when I say that you can totally do it - it's a great time!

I just googled Tough Mudder.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy bastard!

Amazing! Well done!! I hope to complete a TM in the future (working on some other goals first). That certainly sounds like an epically difficult course, from what I've read about them.

Questionable Hobbitʉۢ Level 0ʉۢ Aspiring Warrior

STR 0 â€¢ DEX 0 â€¢ STA 0 â€¢ CON 0 â€¢ WIS 0 • CHA 00

Challenge Log: Puddletheduck stops waddling and starts bouncing (flying will come later)0

"Life's too short to be fat and miserable."

Yay! I did my first this year too and it was awesome. I didn't manage all the obstacles (the underground tunnels just weren't a good idea to my back brain), but had a blast. I can't imagine doing one at 8,000 feet!

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Etchi - it really wasn't that bad. They like to play it up a lot to psych you out.

Marionette - that was like my favorite obstacle! The water wasn't freezing like the others, so it was kind of refreshing.

I'm mildly claustrophobic so not being able to see light at the end or going down into rising water just was not happening. I think the one I did but liked the least was the artic enema. My legs cramped up and I needed to wait for the next group to come through to give me a leg up. Thankfully it only *felt* like forever.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Congratulations! That is something on my list. A few questions - how strong a runner do you need to be to finish? Did you feel like you had enough people on your team or what do you think the number should be?

Thanks

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Congratulations! That is something on my list. A few questions - how strong a runner do you need to be to finish? Did you feel like you had enough people on your team or what do you think the number should be?

Thanks

Honestly? It's not nearly as tough as they like to play it up. I think if you can hike 13 miles, or run 3-5, you'll be fine. Almost nobody ran the whole thing in Colorado - they would either walk or walk/run the whole thing.

And your team can be as big or as small as you like. I would recommend going with at least a few people because it's more fun, but you can definitely do it alone - everyone is there to help you if you need it. That's what I really liked about it.