Forums are back in action! ×

I'm going to be original and start off with "Hello!"

Hello fellow fitness nerds and nerds attempting fitness!

I live in Dublin, Ireland and I am 13 hours into a Paleo lifestyle. My plan is to not quit so some newbie support might help (although a "meh, she won't make it" might make it even more of a challenge!). 

A couple of years ago I lost a lot of weight on Weight Watchers and exercise, but not being a student anymore and working for one of these internet companies that give you unlimited free food and snacks means it's hard to count points. Sticking to Paleo foods seems do-able!

I'm a linguist that has always worked in networking/internet companies and my interests include music (metal, alt country, idm...), spending a lot of time on the internet or watching shows and dabbling into various interests: web design, graphic design, a game or two...

Anyway, feel free to get in touch if you're a fellow newbie, a potential mentor or you simply want to chat!

How'ya. Welcome aboard.

I'm only a few weeks into trying a paleo approach but almost all snacks are so processed they are not even an option which makes things simple.

Personally the go to snack food is nuts, seeds and dried fruit. I make up a big container every week and fill a smaller tub for work from it each day. Along with a piece of fruit it really fills you up. Even some almonds and an apple does the job.

Stick at it, it takes a couple of weeks to click into the routine as planning is required but I think it's worth it.

Level 1 Adventurer:

str 3, dex 1, sta 2, con 4, wis 3, cha 2

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29974-keerans-second-challenge-reset-button-start-new-game/

"assumption is the mother of all fek up"

Thanks, those are great ideas! 

I'm thinking apples with cashew butter might work too :)

I'm focusing more on just going Paleo without focusing on quantity at first. I feel like if I try to restrict portions and do too much exercise at once I'll end up quitting! It's a lifestyle change after all.

I also just made a Paleo Pecan Pie and some Paleo Coconut Squares from online recipes for the week  :redface-new: :

pecanpie.jpg

Oh my goodness that pie looks amazing (perhaps we can exchange some recipes?). I find that it helps to cook epic snacks ahead of time. One of my favorites is paleo granola that makes for a great emergency breakfast during travel or paleo chocolate chip cookies for when my epic sweet tooth attacks!

For everyday snacks, I take some time once a week to cut up raw veggies (bell pepper, carrot, cucumber, celery, etc.) and pre-bag them so I can quickly grab whatever I feel like I might be craving at work that day and throw it in my bag.

I feel like it really helps to not have too many options (I'm the type of person who has one bite of a "cheat food" and next thing I know I'm half way into a pint of chocolate ice cream). It sucks that the free snacks at work aren't paleo (I have the same problem at my job where pastries and sugary lattes abound). But if you can convince your brain that those snacks are simply "not food" and change the language you use from "I can't eat that" to "I don't eat that", it might help with resisting temptation and preventing you from depending on willpower.

Good luck! I'll definitely be cheering you on!

Archived