Forums are back in action! ×

Weight lifting plateau

So to give you some background I was using the basic strength training workout circuit from NF and was doing it for a few months and found that I needed to add weight on to the squats and lunges. The problem I had was I would get dizzy after the squats or lunges (only 10 of each in each circuit). Is there something I am not doing correctly?

I found it best to do my workout in the morning before breakfast so I’m not sure if this is a factor.

The other problem I found was that I would get to a point after doing the exercise for a while where I could not add and more circuits to the workout (I was only doing it twice through) as it was too tiring during the workout but I was not sore for the rest of the day and I felt like I bounced back from the exercise easily. It felt like a plateau but I am not sure how to get through it. Any ideas?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. - The Mentats

i would doubt you'd be achy later in the day after a workout, i usually find its the day after, you probably could do with doing your workout about an hour after eating as well, lifting weight needs fuel even though you're meant to be able to burn off more fat you won't be able to lift anywhere near as much if you're running on empty, i tend to have a meal about hour and half before a workout then an apple 30 mins before or a bowl of cereal 45 mins before something along them lines.

might also need to change your workout, just have a look through the forums theres plenty of other peoples workouts you've just gotta get one that suits you what are your goals, it'll make it easier to pick a workout

The dizziness sound a bit like head spin, squats and lunges both require height changes.

Try some food before your workout, and make sure your breathing properly.

Soreness is usually next day or so, if your still feeling fresh it might not be taxing the muscles enough, and any fatigue at that tine could be linked to the food aspect.

My advice would be make sure your well fueled and well rested, dont want mishaps when dealing with heavy weights.

The only antidote,

is blood, sweat and hope

and a blueprint to save us from what we have become.

'we work in the dark to serve the light'

Thanks Timmy M. I wish I had times in the morning to workout later but I have to go to work afterwards. At the start of the workout habbit I could be sore later in the day (about 12 hours later) and know I had pushed the workout as far as I should. What do you think I should change in the workout?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. - The Mentats