Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Everyone

Hey everybody, I'm George. I've lurked around here for a few weeks and decided to sign up. I'm trying to transition to a healthier way of eating. I've been lifting weights pretty solidly for the last three years. I'm a pretty big guy, I've always been a pretty big guy and I always will be a pretty big  guy.  I'm getting married in October and I'd just like a little less gut and a little more "guns". I'm giving paleo a try. Right now I'm probably about 50-60% there. I've switched peanuts with almonds, started eating more vegetables, sworn off peanut butter sandwiches (my favorite post-workout snack) and cut back on the beer. I'm going to slowly build up to where hopefully I'm in the 80-90% range over a month or so. 

Right now I've started training for strongman with a goal to compete next summer. I really love the training. It is a nice change of pace from the powerlifting stuff I've done for the last few years. I figure a learner, quicker body will help out big time in competition. I look forward to getting to know all of you and learning from everyone here.

Level 4 Dwarf Warrior
STR- 22 DEX- 3 STA- 7 CON- 7 WIS- 6 CHA- 3

Training Log- http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/64680-the-long-way-back/ 

Current Six Week Challenge- http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/68746-teachermans-return-to-strongman-and-the-classroom/

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." George S. Patton

Hi George, congratulations on your wedding :D I'm no where near a power lifter (just did my body weight workout and about killed myself trying to do a pull up lol) but I wish you tons of luck! You'll find lots of helpful people here to keep you motivated :)

[ Level: 1 ][ Class: Ranger ][ Race: Weretiger ]

[ STR: 2 ][ DEX: 2 ][ STA: 3 ][ CON: 2 ][  WIS: 4 ][ CHA: 2 ]

Challenges: Tia Elle's First Challenge

1st Thessalonians 5:16-18

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." ~Darth Vader

Fat. It's what's for dinner.

Archived