Forums are back in action! ×

Ive decided to stop lurking and finally say hello!

Hi everyone, my name is Steff and I'm 26 from the UK.

My goals are pretty straight forward, I'd like to gain some muscle and drop some body fat! (I think that goes for most of us, right?)

I figured it was time to say hello as after reading a few of the articles on here I know I need a support network and I just don't have that at home and you guys always seem so lovely!

Basically Ive been going for about 3 weeks, sticking to around 1200 calories a day or under (cut right back on carbs and trying to add more protein which is hard as I'm not much of a meat eater). Exercise wise Ive been swimming 40 lengths 3 times a week as I havent been able to do any weight bearing work as Ive had a flare up of a particularly nasty knee injury, but Im ready to get back into the gym and on the horse (so to speak), So the past few days Ive added squats and tomorrow Ill be doing the beginners circuit! 

Ive got an induction to my local gym on tuesday as I find I work better when I'm out of my home environment which is pretty manic but I'm super nervous about going :(

Anyway so far Ive dropped around 7lbs in 3 weeks and I was wondering if thats about right? How much weight should I be losing per week/month on 1200 calories and exercise?

Thanks and sorry for the rambling, Im not very good at introductions!

The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first. - Ginger Rogers ~

I also run a nerdy movie blog ~

Welcome! I also work better outside of the home. I feel like seperating myself from all the distractions of my house such as games, my guitars, etc makes it much easier to stay focused. 

As for your weight loss, it varies so much from person to person and it's hard to say if that's correct for you. It does sound like heatlhy weight loss in my opinion. Far to many people starve themselves and lose weight way to fast only to gain it back in the end. I think it sounds like you're doing a great job! Just make sure you're getting enough calories, don't cut them down too low! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Thanks :) I had a look at a few calorie calculators with varying results so I tool the average which works out at 1550!

I guess I just always though 1200 was the magic number but thats probably why Ive never really been successful before too, but I'm determined to do it right this time!

The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first. - Ginger Rogers ~

I also run a nerdy movie blog ~

Archived