Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone from a skinny Kiwi living in Perth, Australia.

My name is Rowan. Im 6'1" and weigh 77kg with an estimated 18-19% Bodyfat as of writing this post.

I'm going all in on trying to build some muscle on my "skinnyfat" frame as I'm getting married in November this year and would like to look a lot better than I do now. I've joined you all because I'm looking for support network to keep me motivated on my journey to better health, strength and happiness. And in doing so for me to provide others with support and some competition maybe????????

I've got the Rebel Strength Training Guide and I'm going to do the Barbell Battalion training; STARTING TOMORROW, I'm going to really sore. I also joined www.myfitnesspal.com cos its free and it tells me calories, carbs, fat, protein etc etc.

Ok, My plan so far is to bulk up for 16 weeks on a mix of Paleo/Healthy Bulking Diet while Strength Training 3 times per week to start and then cut down for the last 6 weeks on full Paleo and continue Strength Training.

My goals are:

1. Increase my strength as much as I can (not a SMART goal yet..)

2. Participate in all the 6 week challenges 

3. Bulk-up Target for 16 weeks is to go from 77kg (19% B.F) up to 80kg (15% B.F) that's putting on about 6kg of muscle then....

4. Slim Down Target (weeks 17-22) is to get to 75kg (9-10% B.F)

I'm not sure if this is realistic.. but I think its an alright plan to start with and any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated :smile-new:

Thanks Everyone!

Greetings kiwi(can I put you on my boot?) and welcome!
I just started here as well, and your post looked lonely, so I thought I would greet you.
Honestly I can't really offer much advice on the subject since I am just getting started, and you appear to have a more complete plan then I. But I wish you luck nonetheless!

Burn the bridge behind you, leave no retreat. Now there is no way back, only forward.

Hey OgreJedi

I guess you could put me on your boot in theory but I don't think it would do your boot any good and you'd have to catch me first ;-)

It doesn't matter about offering advice on my ramblings, at least my post isn't too lonely anymore... I'm just going to do the best I can for the time I have and I will soon realise if my goals are unrealistic or not. What are your ambitions for your fitness etc?

Archived