Forums are back in action! ×

Unsupportive Spouses/Partners/Family Members

I guess if all you're looking at is numbers on a scale, the idea of gaining muscle at the same rate as loosing fat, and thus staying the same weight, is frustrating for people. Never mind that you're getting smaller. It's silly, but I can understand where they're coming from.

Yeah, anytime I hear arguments like that, I'm like "muscle weighs more than fat right?"

-"Duh, everyone knows that."

"Then why are you only using a scale to track your progress? Wouldn't positive results show the same weight, or perhaps even an increase during certain periods?"

-*blank look*

"Tomorrow = Never"

Twitter | Thingist | Challenge | Squad

@Junglizer: I think this is what you're referring to?

Posted Image

I LOVE THAT!!!!! Whenever I tell people that my personal best weight was 20 pounds more than now, when I used to lift every other day religiously (before kids, naturally), they look horrified and say how huge my legs must have been, at which point I have to say, 'no. I was pretty much the same size I am now, except way more awesome." No one ever looks like they believe me. Lifting weights makes women hotter than two dollar pistols and anyone who objects is misinformed AND rude. My unsupportive SO undermines me in so many ways (mostly unintentional - I need to try to get him at least more knowledgable about how I want to eat, if only so he doesn't eat all my food while I'm at work and leave me nothing but pasta and dairy which is supposed to be for him and the kids) at least occasionally gets up from the computer to spot me, although not nearly often enough.

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin