Forums are back in action! ×

Hello There Community!

Because this is the second time I am writing this(omg Back button I hate you), it will be slightly condensed and will lack some of my personality (which may or may not be a good thing) 

QUICK BACKROUND!

-Born and raised in Renton! (it's like a mini, very boring Seattle)

-Closet Nerd: Loved my time with FF3, WoW, LoL, Bioshock, MTG, but I refuse to begin a conversation with them, and will change the topic to something else as soon as I can (I don't enjoy the nerdy limelight much)

-Ex-Cross Country Runner - Future Parkour Traceur: The long grind of 6-10 miles never really sat well with me although I was gifted with natural endurance. After watching the opening credits for 'Tempest Freerunning Academy' long ago, a new desire to jump and crawl over everything emerged.

-Never excelled in anything due to a 'Jack of All Trades' (master of none) mentality, complete with a hint of laziness and a dash of apathy. I'm here to change that.

Because I missed the date for the 6-week challenge, I issued myself a 3-week challenge (starting 6/21) that will go to the end of the 6-week in which I will reevaluate and redirect my goals as they need to be.

Goals are as such:

• Workout Daily
    • Body Weight Workout
      • Loving this workout. It's quick, simple and ultimately, effective (so far at least) I am using the Perfect Pushups to add a bit of variety and it is working splendidly
    • Interval Running Workout
      • Awhh.... Reminiscing in my days of interval cross country workouts. We would do 'Little Indians", where 10-15 of us would jog in a straight line, and the rear runner would sprint to the front and set the pace (I would always push it haha) and the next rear runner would sprint up.........*memories*
  • Eat ALL the Paleo
    • I have been able to replace every meal with a Paleo alternative and I am greatly enjoying it. Morning: Paleo Oatmeal (omg look it up it's soooo good) and then I usually vary between Chicken or Pork with a Kale Salad. I'll be picking up a cookbook to add some more variety to my life (variety is the spice of life!)
    • PS. I just discovered 'Paleo Pizza' is a thing (You can make crust out of Cauliflower! WTF MATE?!)
  • Talk to a New Person Every Day
    • This is something I've been working on doing for a while, though now I am really stressing it. Don't worry, I'm not desperate about it (You! Please talk to meeee, I have GOALS TO COMPLETE)
    • I usually just say something (almost anything) that the target and I can observe (ok target was a terrible word for this) and then before I think too hard, I say it (First though best thought). And then I ask a question or say something off of what they said (otherwise they would get all confused and I'd have to start all over again)
  • Read and Apply 'The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth' by John Maxwell
    • If you haven't heard of John Maxwell, or read one of his books, I highly suggest this to every person looking to improve their life. The title above or 'Failing Forward' are some great places to start. He is the leading authority on Leadership and Development using his organization "Equip" to train and develop leaders across the world. If anything, just look up some of his talks on Youtube.

This is the beginning of my accountability to stay consistent with the items I have stated above (even if no one sat through to read this). I will begin to record my process soon (probably tomorrow) and I'll take some pictures to compare with later so we can see some results.

I am really enjoying Nerd Fitness for it's mission to include everyone they can inspire on their quest for widespread leveling (not the "OMG A SEA CREATURE FROM SPACE IS DESTROYING EVERYTHING" kind of leveling). Also love the fact that NF touches on health, diet, social integrity and general awesome. Again, very excited to embark on this journey.

Thank you Steve for starting this community, and thank everyone who is a lively part of it and continues to encourage. Keep it Real =D

"As a being of Power, Intelligence, and Love, and the Lord of his/her own thoughts, man and woman hold the key to every 
situation, and contains within his or herself that transforming and regenerative agency by which he or she may make themselves 
what he or she wills" - James Allen 'As a Man Thinketh'

"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains it's original dimensions" -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Guest Dirty Deads

Welcome fellow PNW Nerd! Goals look good. Hope to see you make good progress with that cross country background.  I love that "Little Indian" thing.

I'm going to look for that author now..

Thanks Bomber!

I noticed you lived up north a bit on the member map, thanks for reaching out! If your able to find 5-6 people looking for a challenging cardio, tell them about little Indians and you will have a blast (and sweat like a madman). Glad to know you're looking into Maxwell! He's inspired a lot of change in my life and many of the people I associate with!

"As a being of Power, Intelligence, and Love, and the Lord of his/her own thoughts, man and woman hold the key to every 
situation, and contains within his or herself that transforming and regenerative agency by which he or she may make themselves 

"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains it's original dimensions" -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Yo! Welcome! I live out on that cold, windy island in the middle of Puget Sound (Whidbey) for now at least. I'll be heading out to Japan for a little while soon enough (woo!) I'm with Tri, we should have a PNW meet up a ways down the road. Maybe we can all do a little indian run haha.

Good luck with your goals and again, welcome!

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1

We always did the "Little Indian" workout in the water. . . I have never been kicked in the face so many times. BEST TIMES EVER! No idea how long it will be 'til I can keep up with you land mammals, but I'm always up for a game of it!

level 1 Lycan scout

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 4|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 4

Guest Dirty Deads

Thanks Bomber!

I noticed you lived up north a bit on the member map, thanks for reaching out! If your able to find 5-6 people looking for a challenging cardio, tell them about little Indians and you will have a blast (and sweat like a madman). Glad to know you're looking into Maxwell! He's inspired a lot of change in my life and many of the people I associate with!

Yep, I'm actually down in Vancouver.

I brought up little Indians to my gf and she shot the idea down like it was quacking during duck season. 

You have anywhere decent up there for parkour? I'd eventually like to get into it when I drop the fat.

We always did the "Little Indian" workout in the water. . . I have never been kicked in the face so many times. BEST TIMES EVER! No idea how long it will be 'til I can keep up with you land mammals, but I'm always up for a game of it!

OMG little indians in the water would be KILLER!!!!! What an excellent workout though! 

Yep, I'm actually down in Vancouver.

I brought up little Indians to my gf and she shot the idea down like it was quacking during duck season. 

You have anywhere decent up there for parkour? I'd eventually like to get into it when I drop the fat.

So far I'm not really in-tune to the parkour landscape around here though I do know there are a couple gyms. Once I get into the eye of the Traceur, I'm sure I'll start seeing locations left and right. Maybe I'll start a photo journal of the good spots!

Archived