Forums are back in action! ×

Let's try this again.

Nearly a year ago, I found this website and I loved it. I spent days pouring over the articles and the forums, and I've kept up with the e-mails and I've done my best to slowly change my habits.

I did an introduction a year ago, back when I thought I was moving out and going to college. Unfortunately, this is not what happened to me. Instead I was tricked out of nearly four hundred dollars and forced to go back to living with my mom and sister and it was nearly the icing on my downward-spiral cake. Fortunately, I got a job and started saving money again and finally, in January, I started eating a little better and doing some exercise, and in just one month, I lost ten pounds. I then plateaued until about a month ago. However, at that point in time, I was living with my friend and preparing to move to a different state to be with my military boyfriend.

Now I'm in North Carolina, with some twenty dollars in the bank and some twenty dollars on a gift card and crossing my fingers that I'm not gonna be forced to go back to my mom's house. And it's looking fine for now, though I can't look for a job until we are settled in a house. But he gets his paychecks, and he's going to put me in charge of finances.

My goal is to start my life here on a good note, and I'm doing the best I can for now. When we find a house, I want to eat as close to paleo as I can. I want to be able to improve the quality of our lives. He's a marine who is constantly exhausted (from eating unhealthily and smoking), but who has the desire to eat and live better. I've even recommended him to the site. I do have a general understanding of what I want and need to do.

What I need is a support from people like you. I need people who can help me eat as close to paleo as I can on a budget, people who can recommend recipes, who can give me motivation to work out, and even give me the courage/ability to cope with my irrational fears (I have a hard time going outside because I have a weird fear of being assaulted). And if I'm lucky, I can develop friends either online or in my area.

I'm sorry to have such a long entry, but quite a bit has come up since I last posted.

Scout

Level 1

STR: 4

DEX: 1

STA: 2

CON: 3

WIS: 3

CHA: 2

Archived