Forums are back in action! ×

NC Mom Joins the Rebellion and Goes for a Walk

Hi fellow nerds,

I'm a geeky middle-aged Mom of two teenage boys, married to another geek, and generally quite happy with my life. However, it's high time I get back into shape. I'm glad you all are here, and I'm hoping to find some online friends for mutual goal support.

I've never been a skinny gal, but I did a lot of hiking, cycling, and some weight lifting in my younger years. About nine years ago, I had a herniated disc in my lower back. After the operation, I never quite got my back and core muscles whipped into shape. I'm currently 20 lbs overweight, and without much strength or stamina. Too much exertion sends me into back spasms, and I'm laid up for days.

I am starting this summer, but am going to be advancing my goals with caution. My long-term goal is to be able to be fit enough to do real work on the homestead we're moving to next year.

I'm starting with daily walks to strengthen my back, and what I can do of the beginner's body weight workout twice a week.

I welcome any advice, words of encouragement, or good jokes. :)

43 year old halfling newbie, level 1

First Challenge

STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - WIS 0 - CHA 0

Welcome, There is a group of us doing a Walk To Mordor and back. We combine all our walking miles to total distance it took for the hobbits to walk to Mordor. Join us.

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/25654-one-does-not-simply-walk-into-mordor/

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Archived