Forums are back in action! ×

My assassin quest to achieve dark chocolate

last night, i felt like having a snack for dessert, so i decided to go to Wal-mart to buy some dark (+80% cacao) chocolate. i scrounge $.25 in quarters from my Wolverine piggy bank, throw on the Vibrams and orange sunglasses and walk out the door.

while i walked, i asked myself, "why not speed this up a bit?" so i began to jog. i reverted back to walking whenever i approached many people, obstacles or intersections.

"you know what would make this more fun?" i said. "if i made this into role-playing and pretended i am an assassin on a mission!" and so i did. i pretended that i was a stealthy assassin who was assigned the task of acquiring the forbidden dark chocolate. i had to maintain quickness but stealth. i continued my walk-jog to the store, always looking both ways lest an intruder be around the corner and trying to keep the noise to a minimum. on occasion, i di parkour strides across obstacles such as curbs, manholes and other odd surfaces growing out of the street.

i arrived at the store and entered the door, acting casual and scouting the aisles for my grail. i located the baking goods section, and i found some...not 80%, not 90%, but...100% cacao baker's chocolate (primal for the win)! i grabbed a bar, paid and embarked on my journey back to homebase.

because i made it fun, i really enjoyed my trip to Wal-mart to get chocolate. it was more of a workout that i had anticipated, it coerced me to take a shower that night (which i might have skipped otherwise) and, as i sat down to enjoy the bitter chocolate snack that night along with my wife and an episode of Justified, i felt like i had accomplished more.

this was a highlight of my week, and i wanted to share it with y'all. thank you for reading!

Hans BraggartSideshow Freak AssassinSTR 8 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 3You should check out my press kit here - http://goo.gl/1PA5W