Forums are back in action! ×

So long and thanks for all the Fish...oil.

So First off I'm not leaving just in case some one doesn't get the Hitchhicker's reference.

The question I have is should I start taking a fish oil supplement. It is to my understanding that it would help in speeding up the recovery process of my poor aching muscles as well as give me a whole slew of mutant pow.. er health benefits.

Also is there any truth to the whole Krill oil vs regular Fish oil thing I've been reading about?

My friend took salmon oil and it really helped her bad knees. However, it made her super tired. She said the regular fish oil did nothing except make her sleepy. That's my only knowledge on fish oil, though. I'm sure some people have had better results.

Fitness & Weight Loss blog: healthylive.tumblr.com

myfitnesspal name: rynthewin

AIM: rynthewin

email: agapetonblog@gmail.com

I run like a girl. Try to keep up.

Fish oil is some sort of wondrous elixir devised by the ancient Atlanteans to make life super-awesome. The whole concept behind it is to balance out your Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acid ratios. When you have too high with omega-6, it causes inflammation, which according to Dr. Sears of The Zone, is the cause of all misery and woe in the world, or according to the rest of the medical field, is the cause of achy knees, back, etc.

I've never had any problems with it making me sleepy and I take between 6-10 grams a day. Check out robbwolf.com for some good info.