Forums are back in action! ×

Struggled...but didn't give up this morning!

This morning was a struggle to get up and workout...but I did it. The alarm went off at 5:30 am and I really considered staying in bed (I did stay in for 15 more minutes) and skipping today's walk and NF Beginner Bodyweight workout.

I got up and got dressed, but was tired because I went to bed late. I started to rationalize skipping the workout ("I did couch to 5k yesterday, so it will be ok", "I will make it up another day" etc) I put my shoes on and went outside. I thought about just walking and skipping the workout. When I finished the walk, I thought "ok, I will do 1 set and then that will be good enough." I did one set and thought about quitting, but did a second set. Then I thought, "ok, 2 is enough". Then I thought, "well I will do the squats and the pushups in the 3rd set but skip the rest." I did the squats and the pushups and by that time I was almost done so I finished 3 sets but it was a struggle this morning.

BUT I DID NOT QUIT!

I didn't want to let myself down. I have started to see some results and that is exciting. I also feel accountable to this community and didn't want to let you down!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Guest Dirty Deads

You only let us down when you let yourself down, so don't do that!

Good job on realizing when you're trying to rationalize staying in bed. I still struggle there.

Just have to keep remembering there is NO TIME TRAVEL. What we don't do today will forever remain undone on this day and what we do tomorrow is not made up, it simply IS.

Force yourself to do it for a few weeks. It won't be easy and some days it most certainly won't feel goo while you're doing it. However, once you become accustomed to the dopamine surge from a good heavy workout you won't quite understand how you lived without it. This is where a routine you can do at home is crucial. You can never really blame it on running late, because the time constraints are nothing like those who need to use a commercial gym.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

This was absolutely me this morning. Only at 6:30 instead of 5:30 and I was zonked enough that I slept through both of my alarms and finally woke up because the cat was pissed I wasn't up and feeding him.

The entire time I had to keep with the "I'm just going to finish this piece and I'll do 3 full circuits tonight so that I get it in today" but each piece led to the next and the next and though some of it was dreadfully slow and felt like torture (my arms are so weak!), I pushed through.

Go you! Way to stay strong not letting anyone down. You're one step closer to being more awesome.

Thanks everyone!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8