Forums are back in action! ×

I suppose I should Introduce myself.

Greetings all, I've already posted a question under the programming section about my current lifting program, but I figured a proper introduction was in order, as I plan on becoming more active on these forums especially.

The Basics:

• Male
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 152 lbs. (as of this morning)
  • Occupation: Student/Intern (studying Mechanical Engineering, currently working at a summer internship)

A little more detail:

As with many others on this site, I have always struggled with my weight. Through High School I ate whatever I wanted, didn't exercise, and spent the vast majority of my time gaming in the basement. Senior year I decided that something had to change. My doctor recommended a dietitian, who put me on (what I would learn later) was essentially a Ketogenic diet, lots of meat and veggies, no sugar, no fruit, limited dairy. With special emphasis on keeping sugar intake to a minimum (including natural sugar)

I lost my first 85 lbs. this way over the course of 4 months, just in time to go to college. I was able to lose another ~15 lbs. the first year, mostly due to a more relaxed but still overall decent diet, still no exercise.

Sophomore year I made friends with some people who I knew from High School who also happened to attend the same college as me. They had always worked out and invited me along every now and then. At first I was reluctant (lazy S.O.B. that I was ) but eventually I gave in.

Typical bodybuilder 4days/week body part workouts were what they normally did, and not knowing any better that's how I worked out too until recently.

Seeing as I'm being a bit long-winded (sorry, I do that...) I'll skip ahead.

Fast forward to today, a total weight loss of ~150 lbs (suck it Jared http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Fogle, where's my subway promo deal?)

I've tried the whole bulk/cut cycle thing, and after some experimentation I am going to try a slower, longer bulk this time to minimize fat gain utilizing the Leangains method.

Currently I'm looking to reduce my bodyfat % a bit more (1-2%) before starting a solid strength building routine based on compound movements and a slow bulk.

Well, I think that should be enough for now....time to move heavy things!

Archived