Forums are back in action! ×

Setting an example

The coolest thing happened today, one of the guys I manage came in this morning and said "I took a leaf out your book and went jogging at the weekend"!

We're a bunch of programmers and spend all day sitting. I've also noticed most people in IT eat and drink a lot of bad stuff! I was the same, but for the last 2 years I've been on a health drive - cycling to work, weight lifting, healthy diet etc. I don't mention it unless people ask, but people have all seen a massive difference in my health, energy levels, baggy shirts, [ .. other awesome benefits .. ].

Anyway, for a few weeks now he's been asking about what I do and mentioning the need to get back in shape, but I was surprised he'd actually got on with it! Jog 2 is tonight, maybe a new rebel in the making! ;)

Thinking about it, my sister did exactly the same thing about 6 months ago, and we're now planning to run a half marathon together. I exercise for fun, but if I can encourage others to get healthy too, thats just awesome.

W00t!