Forums are back in action! ×

2 Weeks In

Started with the bodyweight workout 2 weeks ago, have moved over to Bowflex. Steady gains in strength. Look forward to morning.

On June 13 I weighed 263 pounds as a result of a horrific diet. Today I weigh 247 pounds as the result of a better diet and better eating patterns (watching for worthless carbs, no snack foods late at night). High protein breakfast sets the stage for the day.

I know this weight loss will even out, and I'm not concerned with where I will land.

My goal was/is to model good habits for my sons (11 & 7). They have taken notice and have commented on my eating veggies with dinner, and how hard my arms are. My wife also told me my oldest son told her that it was "amazing" what dad was doing and that he was "proud."

That's why I'm here.

One note: For about 2 weeks prior to starting this, I had a long conversation with myself about whether or not I really wanted to do it. I knew I wanted the results but didn't know if I wanted to put in the effort. Reading books like The Power of Habit and Why We Get Fat and What to do About It, as well as researching online resources (like this site) made me confident not only that I wanted to do this, but that I could.

Thanks to all who post here. You never know who is lurking and may never know who you will inspire.

Awesome, whoiwas!  Nice to have you here, and what fantastic changes you've made in your life already.  Kudos for pushing yourself towards excellence.

What are your long term goals?  Is there a particular size or strength that you're hoping to reach?

Thank you.

Long term goal is to be strength training and observing sound nutritional practices for the rest of my life. To measure this, I use myfitnesspal to provide detailed info. I do not have a target weight in mind because at this point my weight is a mere consequence of training and nutrition. If/when I level off in weight, I will consider whether further nutritional adjustments should be made, given my age and overall health.

As for strength, to keep gaining. I measure this I chart every workout and adjust upward when I can do only 8 reps with proper form. I do a semi-slow rep.