Forums are back in action! ×

First bike ride of the season!

Went biking with some friends yesterday. Rode about 17 miles on the "High Trestle Trail." The highlight is this sweet bridge that has angled squares around it so when you go through it, there is a spiral effect. I've got some pictures of course!

My bike is a single speed '73 Peugot (the green one). I'm pretty sore today (mostly from having to get used to the seat), haven't really been doing that much cardio as of late, and I haven't ridden since sometime last year. I did get a sweet Camel Bak (well an off brand) which I'm pretty excited about as my bike doesn't have a water bottle holder. I didn't even put any ice in it, just some bottled water from Target, and it stayed cold for almost two hours! Awesome!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Tomorrow = Never"

Twitter | Thingist | Challenge | Squad

Yeah, when I started up again this summer, I had one night where my butt felt like it had a charley horse for a few hours afterwards.

I seem to be good now - pushing 60+ minutes before I feel like I have to disengage myself from the seat.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Well the friends I was with wanted to ride farther, which I probably wouldn't have survived. So I switched bikes with someone and I rode that blue Specialized. 10 speed I think. It was nice, all carbon fiber, but the seat was horrible. So after making my butt hurt b/c I wasn't used to it, then I switch to an even more uncomfortable seat and bike another 5 miles.

;__;

"Tomorrow = Never"

Twitter | Thingist | Challenge | Squad