Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone. I need to learn how to fly solo

post-18857-0-52923900-1372437364_thumb.jpost-18857-0-36802100-1372437368_thumb.jI started weight training with a group of friends who knew far more than I did about building strength. It was seriously intimidating to work out with them but I stuck with it and got some moderate results. The problem was if I didn't have them around I had no idea what I was doing. So basically I quit, and now I'm back to point A again.

For starters I like my body and I think it's a great place to start but I'm just so WEAK. I came here to find out what in the world I should be doing to build complete body strength so I can get back into the gym and have my own routine that I know and am comfortable with. 

I'm going to read through the lifting guides, get some pull ups in over the weekend and rejoin my gym on Monday! This community is great!

-Joel

Also, this is going to sound dumb but is there a guide on this site for what all the workout terms mean? Perhaps with good form pictures? A lot of the time I'm not exactly sure what people are referring to when it comes to a particular lift. 

EDIT: found them :)

Archived