Forums are back in action! ×

toxic #cubiclelife

Guest blankpage

Guest blankpage

I found NerdFitness on a fluke really. I'm not even sure what I was looking for, but so far I'm not disappointed at all. 

The first thing I did was explore a lot of Steve's old posts and sign-up for the newsletter. I really liked what I was seeing and reading and decided to take up the NF challenge. I picked up the Fitness Guide, Strength Guide, and The Primal Blueprint. All easy reads with a lot to offer. I really liked the wisdom they imparted and decided to approach my new healthy lifestyle the primal/NF way.

Last year, late January, I realized I was finally ready to turn my life around. I needed healthy alternatives to the very toxic life I was living. All of my immediate family members are obese and struggling with medical issues caused by their weight. Although I have been 'fortunate' enough to be the 'smallest' member of my clan and to not suffer from any medical problems because of my weight, I knew if I continued on my current path I would surely end up right where they were. So what did I do? I eased into it. I started working out and calorie counting.

My name is Amanda (24) and I live a very sedentary #cubiclelife working at a university. Over the first 8 months of 2012 I lost 65 lbs with cardio and calorie counting. Although effective (evidently), I began to reach a point where it became clear I would have to work harder or work smarter. I'm choosing the latter, even though I know that my journey will be very difficult I don't want it to be any harder than it must be. In the last 10 months I've gained back 11 lbs! So I definitely want to stop that before I just get back to where I started. 

With Steve and Mark's guidance I am confident that I can better accomplish my goals and do it in a smarter and healthier way.

My main focus will now be to implement Mark's 10 Primal Laws in combination with Steve's fitness/strength regimes to become strong and fit. 

I don't have the luxury of a support group, as I am surrounded by enablers, but I hope I can get the extra support I need from here.