Forums are back in action! ×

Just started Couch to 5k today!

For those of you who know me (which is probably none of you, but that's cool), I'm fond of saying that the only thing that will get me to run would be getting chased or being shot at (and possibly the occasional offer of free beer, but that's another story).

Well, after doing some research on some future career possibilities, I made the decision to start running a few days ago, and I just completed day one of the Couch to 5k program today.  

And I didn't die.  That's the important part.

Also, do any of you besides me fly into a full-on panic whenever you log into a forum that you've been on, and you're greeted with a copy of the rules of the forum instead of the usual front page?

Then again, I'm always paranoid that I'm unknowingly doing something terrible and objectionable.

Thanks, Internet, for playing around with my deepest insecurities.

I mean, it gets so bad that I obsessively check the sign outside the door of a public restroom to make sure that I'm going into the right one.  

Does anybody else do that?  Or am I just a weirdo?

I'm rambling again, aren't I?

Anyway, yay running!

Level 1 Adventurer:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."  -Arthur C. Clarke 

Congrats on starting Couch to 5K! I think it's really important to use programs like this one to make sure goals are steady built towards and achievable.

And don't worry, I'm new here (even newer than you!) and I find trying to simultaneously contribute to the forums and obey the rules quite tricky - only because I can never quite remember everything I should (or shouldn't) be doing!

Good luck with it - everyone I know who started with Couch to 5k  has gone on to run half marathons!

Congratulations on starting Couch to 5k!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8