Forums are back in action! ×

The fat dane

Hi all

I joined some time ago, but never got anything going.

I'm fat. ~130kg, 185cm high. Whenever I come across one of those tables where you can see if you are normal, slim or fat by calculating you BMI, I'm on the wrong side of the <. I get winded walking, not badly, but still more than I would like.

Anyway, I bought the Strength Guide and plan to follow the bodyweight exercises. With my weight they should classify as lifting heavy weights ;)

I'm one year away from having completed my MSc in Robot Systems. I'm currently gearing up to writing my thesis about detecting, classifying and placing (in 3D) batcalls (yes, the ones flying at night) using a neural network developed using genetic algorithms. In other words, I do a lot of sitting.

I tend to go quite deep into my hobbies. I've spent a couple of years perfecting my recipe for rugbrød (Danish rye-bread), I've learned myself to both shave with and handsharpen straight edge razors. I dropped the last one a year ago and I'm now sporting a full beard.

I aslo brew my own bear, mead and cider.

I'm a single father to a sevem-year-old boy. He is part of why I wan't to be fitter. Children tend to pick up what their parents do. I don't want him to inherit my overweight.

I have one 12kg kettlebell and have used it sporadically.

My diet is not really healthy. I have been a semi-raweater a couple of years back, when I was more active. I've tried going semi-paleo and intermittent fasting. But none of that stuck with me.

Wow. Other than the "I'm fat"-parts this could almost be a profile for a dating site :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day :)

--Nis.

So now I know whose brain to pick when the robotics class we are starting gets stuck :)  Our kids are the best motivator, aren't they?  I've decided that some of my exercise is just going to be to play with them.  They are also nerds, and we spend far too much time adventuring on the computer than we do in the great outdoors.  I need to fix that. 

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

Welcome Dane! Going 100% Paleo was really hard for me too. I tried that last year for about a month and ended up losing 15lbs before giving up. I'm currently doing about 80% Paleo, still staying away from processed foods, flour and sugar and that seems to be a bit more bearable for me. I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks all :)

wideeyed: You are welcome to contact me with any questions you think I can help with.

NiklzNDimz: Very early on my sons favorite toy was the remotes to our television. Even before he found out that they could control the television. Nowadays he is more into Minecraft and World of Tanks.

amynbagheera: I miss baking. I make a killer white bread that I really love, but have stopped making it as it really is white and purely wheat.

Archived