Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow nerds,

Just found NF a few days ago and I've burned many hours already exploring the site. Really looking forward to being part of an awesome community, kicking ass at life, and helping others do the same. My wife (33) and I (32) eat pretty well and are in decent shape, but we're running the Tough Mudder in Sept. and both want to be fitter/stronger. She works 60-80/week as a family medicine resident. I work part time on veggie farms during the growing season and year round as a receiver in our local co-op's produce dept. (involves lots and lots of lifting/moving heavy boxes full of produce) so I am blessed with pretty active work and access to great food. 

Part of my motivation to get on board with the rebellion is that I have a genetic condition that creates really loose ligaments (think lots of sprained ankles, dislocated fingers, etc.) As an example, I can stretch the tip of my index finger back to the back of my hand. I tore my ACL a couple years ago playing basketball and although it would probably be wiser to give it up, I really enjoy it. But I am concerned about my long term health and want to build strength to help protect my joints and just be more awesome at life. Anybody with similar experience or concerns who wants to share any tips? Also, anyone out there in the Madison, WI area who is also looking to level up at life?

• Lvl 1 Wood Elf Ranger
  • Male, Age: 32
  • STR 2 - DEX 3 - STA 2 - CON 2 - WIS 2 - CHA 3 
  • 1st Challenge
  • "The Dude abides."

Archived