Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm Meg; I'm 29 and I've not been feeling like I am the best I can be recently, so I'm making some changes! (Especially as I've got less than 6 months left in my twenties. Eek!). I'm carrying a bit too much weight, especially round the middle, I snack too much and I'm not feeling 100%.

Current plan is to:

• continue to up my walking (I walk about 6k a day just on my commute and my fitbit drives me on to increase that; must...reach...top..of..leaderboard...)
  • Cut down on the snacking! I work a desk job in a University, so the lure of the student shop/coffee shop is high but it is summer and the student shop and the nearest coffee shop are closed till September so now seems like a very good time to nip that dependency in the bud
  • try 5:2 intermittent fasting (so approx 500 cal on the two non-consecutive fasting days)*
  • Take part in the next 6 week challenge 
  • start doing some strength/core building exercise, starting with wall push-ups and the angry birds workout.

The last one is going to be the hardest, really as my upper body is feeble, my core is non-existent and my wrists are pretty knackered but it needs to be done.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

*pending GP approval; had some weird blood test results recently so going to discuss that and diet with them first but also working on upping my veg consumption at any rate - hello, veg box, making me cook and eat way more weird veg than before....

Archived