Forums are back in action! ×

You cant start over if you never really started

As you might guess my name is Sandra and I decided to rebel. This is new for me so please be patient. I have been a total conformist my entire life whether its 'dont talk back to teachers' or 'druids dont tank'. I just did what the rest did and stuck it.

Well now.. STICK IT!

I'm 50 years old. 325 pounds and I want my life back!

My first step in reclaiming myself is posting here. Learning what and how I can start working out and cutting through the barrage of diet crap I've read and had shoved down my throat.

So hang on.. this old gal is definitely under construction. This time next year you wont know me!

(is it going to be this easy.. HELL NO.. but its going to happen).

Dwarf, Adventurer - Tripper over tree trunks in the wild

STR - 2; DEX - 1; STA - 1.5; CON - 3.5 ; WIS - 4; CHA - 3

StuffedTeddybear - Shakespearean Thinker - Facemelting Druid

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/32434-baby-battle-log-being-accountable-for-small-steps-to-get-big-results/

Hi, Sandra! Welcome! I'm a newbie, too. This is totally do-able! Athena has hit it right on the head: while you decide on the eating lifestyle, start cutting out the stuff you know is bad. Start reading labels. Get as close to whole, non-processed foods as possible. Add exercise. I recommend starting a battle log and post your activities each day.

You can totally do this!

I'm 47 and agree that it's tough, but can be done. I'm seeing real progress for the first time in my life* and the key is a combination of eating well/right (for me, that's Paleo/Keto) and working out. I'm actually finding the workouts fun, albeit challenging. There are lots to choose from, but I'm liking the Rebel Fitness Guides (I'm totally a rookie). For my alternate exercise, I mostly walk. I found a gorgeous place and have lucked out with weather so far. One thing I need is a bad weather alternative.

*The weight is coming off slowly, but I can see results in so many other way! Glucose levels (lower), energy level (higher), fit of clothes (looser) etc.

My Battle Log

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin

Thank you for your replies Abby and Athena.

I've decided the first thing to do is organize myself:

1. Get all the raid gear I need set up and make sure I have a healer on call. To do this I've set up an appointment with my Dr. to go over what I can/cant do as exercise and I'm on the lookout for some dumbells or jugs that I can use as weights.

2. Learn how to eat. I've read enough diet books that I could write one but I'm new to the whole Paleo thing so doing some reading and research then talking to the MD to make sure it doesnt mess something else up.

3.  I need to be real with myself and not jump hip deep in the river only to get swept off my wobbly feet. To do this I've started a battle log with some small measurable goals for this week.

DING! Level One..

Dwarf, Adventurer - Tripper over tree trunks in the wild

STR - 2; DEX - 1; STA - 1.5; CON - 3.5 ; WIS - 4; CHA - 3

StuffedTeddybear - Shakespearean Thinker - Facemelting Druid

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/32434-baby-battle-log-being-accountable-for-small-steps-to-get-big-results/