Forums are back in action! ×

Hello All,

I'm Cage433 (Kudos to those who get the music nerd reference). I'm a 24 year old professional AV Nerd, and I have decided that it is time to take control of my life. I am a Gnome Artificer, but have decided to train as a Druid. I am not new to following nerd fitness but after a few years of complete chaos in my life I took a moment and realized, I'm out of shape, over stressed, don't understand the meaning of work/life balance, and I have a lot of things to work on.

Fitness-wise I used to be super fit and because things happen it all fell apart. I was a competitive gymnast with a barely an ounce of body fat in the gym 12 hours a week, could walk across a gym floor on my hands and back 3 to 4 times without touching the ground, could do splits with both legs on floor beams and had a 6 pack -- all at the age of 9/10. That much work lead to poor eating habits because I was working so much and growing with no consequences. Then tragedy struck and I developed Sever's Disease, fractured my growth plate and was told "NO IMPACT AT ALL OR YOU WILL PERMANENTLY DESTROY YOUR FOOT" and was not allowed to run for 4 years. After that I went to swimming where I became a BEAST (read distance swimmer). I loved seeing how long I could keep going and would do more in a warm up than the rest of the group did in an entire practice. I was also a flyer.

Life got in the way, swimming stopped when there was no team for me to be with and college took over my life. I work a highly active job, I put the 10,000 steps a day to shame, push carts that weigh 200/300lbs+, lift and carry gear that weighs up to 80 lbs frequently, and spend a lot of time crouching on the floor and can work up to 70 hours a week. I have decided that the perfect supplement physically and mentally will be a balance of yoga and meditation in my brief amounts of free time. I want to be a Druid to regain the life balance that I lost.

My goals are to clean up my eating habits, find myself again, find my own personal happiness, and lose the weight I put on while I was too stressed to pay attention, and I figured joining something like this would help keep me accountable and would be a great place to get the extra support I know I will need.

Ok, I think that's enough rambling.

Gnome (Artificer) Druid

STR:2  DEX:2  STA:3  CON:2  WIS:4  CHA:4

"Face it, Harl, this stinks! You're a certified nutso wanted in twelve states and hopelessly in love with a psychopathic clown. At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! Coming between me and my Puddin' from the very beginning..."

Harley Quinn

Yep.  I think that it'll be a way to actually keep myself motivated which has always been my downfall, not to mention I could use the advice from the awesome people in this group since yoga and meditation are completely new to me. I go through health kicks and then they fall by the wayside and I'm tired of it.

Gnome (Artificer) Druid

STR:2  DEX:2  STA:3  CON:2  WIS:4  CHA:4

"Face it, Harl, this stinks! You're a certified nutso wanted in twelve states and hopelessly in love with a psychopathic clown. At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! Coming between me and my Puddin' from the very beginning..."

Harley Quinn