Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone else starting T25?

Hi, I am new here!  So glad to find a place where not everyone is a gym rat or body builder.  I really don't like gyms, I am a home workout junkie and I much prefer to sweat in the privacy in my home.  I have quite a few goals, they are difficult but very achievable, I feel:

Run a 5k, then a 10k

Do diamond pushups (they are a lot harder than regular ones)

Six pack (I think it can happen if I really commit)

Cut my mile times to under 8 mins (I usually run 3 miles at a time, often around 8:30 per mile, and that's pushing hard)

Cut my bodyfat down.  I am not fat per se, but I have plenty of jiggle

So yes, very doable, it just takes work and dedication.  I was doing RevAbs prior to receiving T25 (btw, LOVE RevAbs!  If you want to strengthen your core, and you want controlled moves, rather than a lot of jumping around, get RevAbs).  But I cannot resist Shaun T , or the promise of a killer workout that is under half an hour.  So I will be doing T25 for the rest of the summer.  So far I really like it; in fact I have to stop myself from sounding like a commercial because I think everyone can do it and get a great workout.  Anyway, I would also like to walk more, run more, and improve with yoga.  Another reason to do short workouts- more time for other goals.  I so wish that nutrition was easy for me, but it is a struggle.  I really don't like the traditional junky foods, plus I can't do gluten or dairy, so you would think that I would be on easy street.  But I am not a huge fan of animal protein, like the often-revered chicken breast or egg white.  I can do whole eggs once in a while.  I wish I could make the raw vegan thing happen, but it is just too hard to keep up.  My go-to is my Shakeology smoothie, which has helped curb the sweets cravings.  Because of my odd schedule, I find myself eating dinner too late, sometimes eating at 1 a.m.  Not good.  I feel like if I can get back to a normal sleep schedule, I can get back to a normal eating schedule.  Would love to hear from people who have tips on improving eating and sleeping.  I love to offer tips too, a lot of things have worked for me.  I love eating well and working out, I just need to tweak a few things, I think.

p.s. I have Adrenal Fatigue, and have had quite a few hormonal issues.  Anyone who has overcome this, would love to hear from you too.  Thanks much, love that you guys are so into helping each other.  :)