Forums are back in action! ×

Rolling for Initiative

Hi everyone! I just recently discovered this website and have mostly been reading the blogs until now, but I'd like to start getting involved in the community (and meeting some of you awesome people)!

So, to introduce myself, my name is Kristina. I'm 20 years old, 5'3", around 120 pounds. I love fantasy RPGs, tabletop games, and really awful movies. 

There are a few different reasons I've wanted to get involved regularly with Nerd Fitness. Last summer, I was very much in shape because I was running and doing capoeira, but then sophomore year of college happened, and my eating and exercise habits deteriorated... yeah. But, I've been looking for a community to help me stay motivated both with exercise and with eating, and since I'm already a huge nerd, this seemed like a good place to start!

My current activity is as follows:

1. I run between 3 and 5 times per week--usually for about 30-35 mins/3 miles. I've been doing the Zombies, Run! app, which I love and which has helped me to want to keep running.

2. I've been keeping a mostly vegetarian diet, but I have this weird thing where I'm not very hungry for a few days in a row and then suddenly get extremely hungry. I'm trying to keep a healthy caloric/nutritional balance, but it's hard not to have a really weird food intake schedule when this keeps happening.

My goals are:

1. Work up to being able to run a 5K on a regular basis, and see where we can go from there

2. Eat more natural foods, and maintain a healthy nutritional balance

3. Start LIFTING/doing some form of strength training (I'm really weak, though, so I'm not sure where to start)

Other goals include taking up kickboxing (specifically Muay Thai, but the studio nearest to me is a 45 minute bus ride away, and classes will likely become too expensive once my trial runs out).

Other notes?? I love playing team sports like basketball and softball, but those won't pick back up at my school until spring semester.

So yeah! That's me -- I'm happy to be here, and I'm excited to meet all of you and hear about all of your journeys. I'm starting at level 1, and am going to peg myself as a Shadar-Kai (both for body type reasons and D&D sentimentality reasons) scout, with aspirations to be a scout/monk hybrid.

Shorn - Level 1 Shadar-Kai

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 2 WIS - 2 CHA - 2 

Current Challenge: N/A  

Daily Battle Log

--------------------------------

"You're faster than this -- don't think you are, know you are." ~Morpheus, The Matrix

Gary was here! Ash is a loser!

Thank you for your welcome, and for your help! I set up my sig with my stats, and am looking forward to starting the next mini challenge.

Shorn - Level 1 Shadar-Kai

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 2 WIS - 2 CHA - 2 

Current Challenge: N/A  

Daily Battle Log

--------------------------------

"You're faster than this -- don't think you are, know you are." ~Morpheus, The Matrix

Gary was here! Ash is a loser!