Forums are back in action! ×

I'm sensing a shift in mentality...

Almost two months ago, I started meeting a friend of mine at the gym for strength training 5 days a week. In that time, I've missed 7 days total. 5 of them stem from a cross-country drive, and the other two were a result of my partner cancelling. Today was one of those days, but as I walked the halls at work, I caught myself thinking, "I just want to be bench-pressing right now." WOOT! Two months ago I would never have had that thought!

Now, here's the thing that I'm really celebrating -- On my lunch break, I suddenly realized that the gym closes at 9 on Fridays, and I was going to miss the night workout I had planned, so I took a long lunch and squeezed in my workout. Double WOOT!

These are minor changes in mentality, but a major victory for me, as for once I'm beginning to value hard work and progress over the relative ease of staying sedentary. :pirate:

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

That is so cool!  Thanks for sharing :)

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet