Forums are back in action! ×

Hey people. I'm BFCE, and I've been following NF as a reader for a while and I've never failed to find some good reads on here. Recently though I've found some strong personal initiative to sign up; my weight has started to creep up on me ever since the semester ended a few months ago. For the past two years I'd been in pretty good shape thanks to sports and university anxiety, but without all that healthy stress though I found myself becoming demotivated with diet and exercise without me knowing it. 

A bit about myself: I'm 18 and a college student, and plan on joining my school's weightlifting/powerlifting club this coming semester. I've been lifting weights seriously for just over a year now and I used to run cross-country in high school. Aside from that, I enjoy video games and keyboards as hobbies (yep, keyboards). I play LoL and have been for the past year and a half, and recently I've been playing a lot of Cube World!

Anyway, I hope to find a supportive group of people I can really gel with while I'm here. I'm currently 5'9"/~178lb depending on day, probably 20% body fat after a very gluttonous Independence Day weekend. My plan is to get back to my XC weight of 160lb and 10%BF by ideally November, retaining all the muscle I've gained since my last year of XC. On top of that I've got my weightlifting goals (aka ego stroking goals--hey, if I'm going to do it somewhere...): 1k Club (Individually 405 DL, 350 squat, 245 bench--getting pretty close at 970!) by August, and another 5% (10% for bench) on top of that by midterms in October.

I've had my plan set up in front of me for the past month, but I've got a problem with setting goals and not keeping my mind set on them--I'm prepared to take whatever steps necessary to overcome that, and I feel that what I'm doing right now is a pretty big step in the right direction. I'm also really into the whole "life is an RPG" thing, so don't be taken aback if I really overdo that at first~

Gonna go for a run now. Cheers!