Forums are back in action! ×

Noob #6562738836xjs$ Reporting for duty, Sir!

My name is SASX, but my friends call me Katy. I'm told I'm 35 but don't believe it. I've been overweight my whole life and have been fighting my whole life, too. University got me a free gym, which I used and fitness classes that I'd sometimes use and i fell in love with Squash. University also got me extra poundage from zero willpower and working at a Dairy Queen, and Egyptian place and a bar and having the best pizza place inbetween campus and my apartment. University also cemented my genetic gigantic thighs. 4 years of 3 story walk-ups and 5 stories down to lecture halls in the bowels of the physics building for Geography statistical analysis classes and genetics means, mo matter what my size, my thighs are always 1 dress size larger than the rest of me. Basically, if I could eat it, I did.

I am fairly well proportioned, so even at my heaviest, I was just all over fat, rather focussing on one area more than another. Call me curvy with extra curve. Marriage and baby and then came my heaviest weight, whatever that was. I really don't know. I'm guessing 250? maybe probably? I didn't own a scale. My size 22 pants were straining at the seams though and I really needed SOMETHING. 

Courage.

that is what I needed. Courage to start. With a small child at home, I wasn't going to the gym, or outside for a run. I had to do things inside the house. So I did. Workout videos saved my life and my health. I joined an online fitness community to help track my workouts and food and lost 90 pounds in a few years. It's been over 3.5 years now since I started and I'm not done.

This year, I got up the courage to join a women's non-competitive soccer league. It was so out of my comfort zone. But I did it. And I'm doing it.

I also got the courage to make my own hybridized workout schedule from all the programs that I own, which was fun and keeps me interested in doing it.

This year, I've got the courage to go back and run the Warrior Dash (Ontario) for the second time!

I'm not done. I will keep going. Keep sweating. Keep working. And keep stretching my courage.

What can I bring to the table to help the Rebellion? 

I try to stay positive. I am willing to try some new things. I can motivate others better than I can motivate myself sometimes-and usually motivating others helps me stay on track and motivated.

you can count on me, Sah's!

Newbie Human Ranger Level 1

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 CON 0 WIS 0 CHA 0

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34543-how-sasx-gets-her-groove-back/

Welcome! Sounds like you've been motivating yourself quite well. That's fantastic. I love racquetball although it's been a long time. How is squash different? Size/no racket? IDK.

Glad you made it to the rebellion. We are finishing up a challenge, taking a week break, and then starting our next one. Great timing!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Thanks! it's been a long time since I've played squash.  I live in rural-icity where the closest squash court is 1.5 hours away  :nightmare: The rackets have a short handle, and you are in a court where you are supposed to hit the ball on the front wall between two areas and can bounce the small hard ball off the 4 walls to amass points. You should check this out.

I'm joining the challenge with the week left. I'm not planning on getting any points, but instead want to use the time to set some mini goals for myself for the test of the week.

Newbie Human Ranger Level 1

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 CON 0 WIS 0 CHA 0

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34543-how-sasx-gets-her-groove-back/