Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy - Yes... I really do say these things :)

I'm not entirely sure how I landed on NF, but I spent hours reading the other day.  As a full fledged nerd who reads voraciously, plays tabletops and numerous video games, this isn't a surprise. I'm just glad I found ya'll.

tldr version - I've lost a bunch of weight, still more to go, but my husband is joining me!  YAY!

A little about me (us) --

I'm 5'7" and down to 245 through weight training and clean eating.  I've lost around 80 pounds so far, and I'm just going to keep going.  I'm so glad to see other women who are weight training because EVERYONE tells me to stop or I'll start bulking up.

My husband has decided to join the quest with me last week so I've been cooking all the meals and we're eating together again - THANK GOODNESS!  I was tired of buying multiples of everything because he refused to eat my food.  We're learning together to find mutually acceptable healthy food.  It's definitely difficult for someone who is used to eating fried, fried and a serving of fried on the side, but he's being a trooper.   

He'll be lurking around here and I don't have many stats on him as he hasn't weighed in yet.  I'd love to get him on the scale if only to show him how far he's come.  :)  But, at 6'6", he's a big guy - in everything... heart, height and size.  :)  I estimate he's around 400 pounds or so, but we'd like to get him to 250 - 275 range. 

About how much food should he be eating?  I know everyone says to just eat when you're hungry, but he doesn't have an off switch so we're working on gauging what is actually HUNGER and what's desire.  I estimated around 3K calories - am I off?  Fairly close?

Suggestions on healthy Mexican style food are always appreciated.  ;)   Healthy crock pot is always a nice addition too. 

Welcome Aggie42, to the rebellion. Well you couldn't have landed on a better community, here everyone does their best to help each other the best that they can manage. So if you need anything just ask. :D

level 2 Assassin
STR 8|DEX 5|STA 2|CON 3.5|WIS 8|CHA 2

-=-The possibility or likelihood of some future event occurring.-=-

#1 : http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33498-prospects-voyage/