Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, my name is Jonathan and I have just recently started working on Nerd Fitness with Sarah a.k.a. Inkybrushes.

I have always been of the skinny, lanky, and flexible build.  In the last 5-7 years I have stopped doing much physical activity of any sort, and have been kind of wasting away to nothing.  I have felt crappy about what sort of shape I am in for quite some time, but I have had a very hard time motivating myself to put in the time and effort to make changes in my life.

I'm not entirely sure where I want to end up fitness-wise; for now I just know that I want to start working on improving myself and see where it takes me.

Hello there, favourite dudeman! Since we're going to be working together, let me start by saying that you should absolutely start picking some concrete goals, even if they're just small. They'll give you something to work towards and give you a sense of accomplishment.

You know I have a current goal of "do one real push up". Are there any exercise-related goals you'd like to achieve? How about food ones?

Twi'lek Assassin
Level 1
STR : 1 | DEX : 2 | STA : 1 | CON : 4 | WIS : 4 | CHA : 3
"The Sith won't let us hide. Besides, I'm tired of hiding -- being hunted. I'd rather be the hunter." -Shado Vao

You are both, of course, absolutely correct.

Here are some goals that I would like to achieve

• I will be able to do 10 pushups (with proper form, as my current pushups are disgaceful)
  • I will be able to do a pullup (the one with the overhanded grip, which I currently find impossible)
  • I will get back up to 150 pounds