Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone out there in the Rebellion. My name is Van and I am looking to start getting my life back in order. I have been reading Steve's articles for a while and I always enjoy what he has to say.

So let's start some basic info on myself.

I'm 5'9" and weigh 208 lbs. I am pretty unhappy with how I look and feel everyday, and I am having trouble motivating myself to get back in shape. I also have a very bad sugar addiction. I know that this doesn't help and it is something that I hope that I can kick.

I love playing indoor volleyball! For a guy who is 5'9" I think that I can jump pretty high and have alway enjoyed soaring above the net and spike the crap out of the ball. But over the past two seasons, my knees have been killing me after playing. I KNOW that having all this extra weight in not helping me at all. So I promised myself in May (after my most recent vball season) that I would not play again in September unless I lost 20+ pounds. Well here it is almost the middle of July and I haven't lost a pound (and perhaps gained a few). I am planning on sticking to my promise of not playing, because I really don't want to injure myself and jeopardize my athletic future. I also have two young kids and want to be able to play with them when they are older.

So I decided to become a member of this community in hopes of reading other people's success stories, discovering some great information and one day, being "most triumphant" myself. I look forward to conversing, learning from and supporting all of the other Rebels out there.

-Van

Archived