Forums are back in action! ×

Hey y'all. I've been reading nerd fitness for over a year and subscribing to the emails. I have tried many of the workouts and love the advice and success stories. After doing the fitness thing on and off for about three years, I'm done with the nonsense. I want to get healthy. That's goal number one. I want to walk up the three flights of stairs to my pad without getting out of breath. That's goal number two. I want to sit and have not have a giant roll of fluff pop out of my middle. Goal three. I want to do a pull up. I full bodyweight awesome pull-up. Goal four.

I have a half-ass plan, as I know what I need to do. However, as we all know, just knowing means squat - unless you're actually doing squats. ;) I am ready to climb on board the paleo train and have been going back and forth with it for about a year. My nemesis is sugar, so that's the first demon I want to slay. I've taken several steps to help fight it recently by learning to drink coffee black, switching from cereal to hard-boiled eggs for breakfast, and bringing healthy lunches to work that consist of lean proteins and veggies.

A little more about me. I'm 32, working full time in search marketing analysis. I'm also pursuing my Masters in Economics. I have an amazingly smart and nerdy seven year old son. I'm engaged to be married to the greatest man I have ever known next March. I've been working out on average 3-4 days a week steady for the last month or so. Before that, I religiously worked a jillian michaels dvd every morning for about a year. I got bored with that and cocky in my weight loss and took to other activites. Tried running, but have awful shin splints that hurt like the dickens. I love strength and weight training and have focused on that, but never for  long period of time. Currently, I alternate strength with walking or the elliptical. I would love to lose 50-60 lbs, but even more important, I don't want to hate my body anymore.

I know how amazing it feels to be in shape and the joy of starting to like my body. I want that again. So, I'm giving myself up to the people most able to help me.

Lastly, my nerdy side: my favorite show is and always will be LOST. I adore zombie genre. I love reading, and am looking forward to one day reading simply for pleasure again. I love numbers and statistics. I hope to grow in my current career and get more into analytics. I'm learning to code and program, which is fun. I'm a huge econ nerd. I love garden gnomes and think everyone needs one. I love research and reading about macroeconomic topics, like what the Fed is doing and watching how the markets react and why. I am an 80s kid. I still love New Kids on the Block, and just saw them in concert a few weeks ago.  They were amazing.  I like alt rock, like New Politics, Atlas Genius, Mumford and Sons, and Of Monsters and Men.  My parents were hippies, so I have full appreciation for Grateful Dead, Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, Pink Floyd, etc. I can geek out on music for hours.

I look forward to meeting you all and becoming friends as you help me and I help you on this journey to living the best life.

Thanks Steve for creating this awesome site!

-Risa

Welcome to NF! Glad to see you've come out from lurking - you won't find a more supporting,  butt-kicking group of people.

The paleo train is a tough one, but there are lots of people on the site who can offer insight on their journey. I'm not one of them at the moment (used to be, but I fell off the train a little hard). Also lots of great resources for different types of exercise.

:D

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi