Forums are back in action! ×

New and the Super Konami Code Workout

Sup y'all. Hailing from the south, though I aint originally from here...I'm actually a west coast kidd

So just wanted to say hello. I've been following for quite some time (about two years now I think...) and Steve's remarks have helped me level up my personal life as well as my physical life. Suffice it to say, he says it like it is and I need to hear it more often than not as a reminder.

Alright, so I was never one to work out much nor go to the gym...but this last year has been a turn of events for me. Been attending the Y and taking some classes (Body Pump and Spin). Been great...but then there were days that I was just tired of leaving the house so early or I just couldn't wake up in time but I had time in the afternoon for a workout...and going through some of Steve's past posts, I found the Konami Code.

It was really great...but then...well...I started to get a little tired of it...well...more like...I felt like I needed more of a challenge...I wanted to level up...So I began to add to it...and add a little more....And I think I have finally developed the Super Konami Code Workout!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....all that is left is total world domination!!! That or a piece of steak after this post  :offended:

Alright, So what is the Super Konami Code you ask? Well it has the Konami Code in it...but mind you I've added exercises to it that kinda happened spontaneously and stuff that I integrated from the classes at the Y, from some of Steve's posts, or from one of the P90X discs that I have. Haven't gone to the Y all summer yet, mainly because this workout has been really great and I have been enjoying doing it about 3x a week (along with walking or something on my other days)...enough with the rambling. Here's my current workout

Warm Up comes from the 20-Minute Hotel Workout:

• 25 jumping Jacks
  • 15 Squats
  • 10 pushups
  • 10 lunges
  • 10 hip raises
  • 25 jumping jacks

Super Konami Code Workout:

• 4-5 Deadlifts
  • 4 Dumbbell Row Overhand Grip (in a bent over position)
  • 4 Dumbbell Row Neutral Grip (in a bent over position)
  • 5 Push ups - I alternate between different variations out there (spiderman, diamond, jumping, etc)
  • 5 Lunges
  • 2 Burpees - oh...after every burpee I add a quick squat...insane...I know...
  • 5 Squats - and i sometimes alternate between the width of my stance depending on how i feel. I Even do sumo squats
  • 10 Weighted Hip Raises - I use one dumbbell here 
  • 5-10 Reverse Crunches - some days I go to 5 other days I can do more
  • 5 Sit Ups
  • 2 Weighted Mason Twists - uh...yeah hard to describe this workout. I basically put one dumbbell on either side of me. I lift my legs and proceed to alternate the dumbbells. Dumbbell on the left goes to the right and vice versa. I count that as 1 Mason twist. 
  • 2 Pull ups - assisted. you'd think I could do more! One day I'll be assisted free!...and I'll do more too!
  • 2 Dumbbell Shoulder Presses
  • 2 Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curls - 2 for each side - 
  • 3-4 Dumbbell Triceps Extensions - I use one dumbbell 
  • 4 Swing Kicks - 1 set would be your both legs going right over the stool then both coming back left over the stool to your starting position.

Phew!! So yeah, all that is ONE circuit....Okay...wow...that looks insane...it really does. I never realized how much I did! Holy Buckets!!! 

Wow...okay...so anyways...I usually workout outside on a back patio area. I keep track of time and circuits completed. 

You'll need:

• Water!!
  • A matt of some sort to lie on your back
  • Towel
  • Dumbbells - I have the type of dumbbells that you can turn the dial and add more weight to them - I use the same dumbbells for everything...if you need to change it up to do lighter weights, please do so! Don't hurt yourself.
  • A watch and something to track your progress
  • Stool/chair - for the swing kicks..or anything you can swing your legs over...a little child would suffice too  :)
  • Optional - I try to workout near a mirror/reflective glass simply to watch my form

I started developing this all when I had 20lbs and the original Konami Code Workout...then I began to add exercises all the while using my 20lbs. It was intense but awesome! I started to time myself and work out for no more than 30 minutes. Every time I started to get to a relatively high number of Super Konami Circuits, I would add a little more weight and see how far I could go for 30 minutes. Currently I'm just aiming for few solid completions in 20 minutes (mainly because 30lbs is the weight I just leveled up to---hm...maybe I'll add more burpee reps later on). No i don't look like a superman...but I do feel great and I go paleo as often as I can (even if I do go out and eat somewhere). 

So yeah...posture and form are crucial here. I think I read somewhere on this site or somewhere else that said if your form starts to come into question, it's okay to just stop. Your body is done. Listen to your body! The Konami Code kicked my butt a number of times when I first started off...so the Super Konami Code is no walk in the park

Oh and if you don't know what these look like, a google search can help. I didn't know the names of them so I had to google image them to find the "proper names" I hope the names and links above help some.

okay...so...Hello Rebellion Headquarters. Look forward to chatting with some of you...oh...and Steve Kamb? Thanks for the inspiration, brother.

Kal-el