Forums are back in action! ×

New to the Rebellion

Hello everyone.  I'm new to Nerd Fitness and new to message boards.  This is the first time I have ever joined a forum.  I am joining because I am in need of support.  In the past I have gone between 225lbs down to 125lbs.  I am 5'2 so the 225 was pretty extreme.  I moved to New York City 7 years ago and I have struggled with my weight ever since.  I came from Florida where I worked at Disney World.  I was in the entertainment department so multiple times a day I would put on the equivilant of a parka and long undrwear and dance my ass off in the 100 degree heat.  Needless to say staying thin was not a problem.  I'm naturally muscular so 125lbs for me was a size 2 perfection. 

Those days are gone by my choice and I don't regret leaving Florida.  In New York I found my husband, made amazing friends, began a new adventure in my performance life and discovered how easy it is for me to gain weight when the pizza is this damn good.  I'm at 162lbs right now and while I'm not feeling my worst, I'm also not feeling my best.  I need accountability and people that will help me when I need to chose between getting up and spending 2 hours drinking coffee and perusing the FaceBook or going running and just spending 1 hour drinking coffee and perusing the FaceBook.  I'm looking at the Paleo/Primal diets because I think they will work the best for me so that is also something that I look forward to sharing with folks here. 

As a techologically challenged book worm I look to you to help me in this new venture of Forums.  Thanks.

I will not make myself small in order to stay safe, I am here to share, to be bold and I will not let fear trump generosity.

Level-1 Ranger

[sTR]2 [DEX]4 [sTA]4 [CON]4 [WIS]2 [CHA]4

Thanks Athena.  I do want to join the next challenge.  I've not done any of the RPG's but my husband is a D&D superstar.  I'll have him help me out.  I think it will be fun to equate myself with an awesome Character.  I did choose Adventurer so that is where I'll begin.  Have a fabulous day and thanks for reaching out.

I will not make myself small in order to stay safe, I am here to share, to be bold and I will not let fear trump generosity.

Level-1 Ranger

[sTR]2 [DEX]4 [sTA]4 [CON]4 [WIS]2 [CHA]4