Forums are back in action! ×

Asmodian Gladiator looking for Legion

Hi Everyone!

Little about myself. I’m twenty two, a senior in college studying political science, and a writer. Writing is my life, my passion, and it’s what I want to do for the rest of my life. (Contrary to my focus right now in school. Haha!) I’m a screenwriter at heart, it’s what I want to do when I graduate this next June. And the thing is, I want to look better and feel better than I ever have before on that day I walk down that carpet and get that diploma. I want to look even better when my best friend and I finally move down to LA and pursue our goals. Then look my best for the rest of my life.

Contrary to where I am now, growing up I was highly active. Soccor, gymnastics, basketball. You name it, I probably did it. I come from a military family so we moved around pretty frequently. Overall I was a pretty healthy, happy, active kid. However, when my dad retired and we moved back to my home state that things changed. I went from a happy kid with a lot of friends to an unhappy kid who was bullied and picked on for how I looked and for being different. As such I stopped being so outgoing and began to stay indoors. I picked up my first video game, began not caring, and generally locking myself inside my body and head.

This continued throughout middle school and high school. I couldn’t keep a friend longer than a year. And let’s not get into the boy issues. That was even worse. And I turned to food and games for comfort. When I graduated high school I wanted to change, and so my mother and I joined weight watchers together. That’s when I first lost twenty five pounds. It was an incredible feeling and shortly after I reached my lowest weight ever I met my first (now ex) boyfriend. That was the beginning of three years of hell.

After years of mental and emotional abuse I came to the highest weight I’d ever reached, and where I still am. I’m not proud of it. But I know I can change it now.  He’s not in my life anymore and since then I’ve been struggling to get my eating habits under control and finding activities that I enjoy and don’t include me spending horrible amounts of time behind a computer screen or in front of a television. I finally found some great friends that I know have my back and I’m slowly getting my life on track.

I’m probably going to try the paleo diet. It seems interesting and something easy I can follow while here at school. And luckily the gym is covered in my tuition and fees. So that’s taken care of. Any advice on how to eat on a college student budget as well as anything else you can think of would be awesome!

Misc Facts:
Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts NERD
I love horseback riding

Watching my father almost die from a heart attack in 2007 has been the biggest driving force for me to finally get my crap together. (He suffers from type two diabetes and heart disease. Gotta love to hate genetics on this one.)
I’m an only child

I’m lactose intolerent

Motto One: If Katniss and Peeta can survive the hunger games then you bet your ass you can get out of bed and get your life together.

Motto Two: One does not simply level up in an mmo without getting attacked out of NOWHERE by over leveled players looking to be assholes.

PS: Combining nerds and fitness is pure WIN. I love it!