Forums are back in action! ×

Not all those who wander are lost (I am a bit porky though)

Hi! My name's Jenny.

I've been overweight for as long as I remember, through school, university and now, in my thirties. I LOVED the tiny bit of muscle definition I got and how great I felt when I worked out with a personal trainer before my wedding - but I was still overweight and I used the excuse that I couldn't afford to keep going with the PT and let all my hard work slip away. 

Now I'm travelling the world indefinitely with my husband. We're hanging out in Chiang Mai, Thailand for the next few months, and it's great to be working on our projects and enjoying the lifestyle, but the one thing about travelling is that there's always more amazing food to try! The heat also means I'm wearing fewer clothes than I'm comfortable with -  I hate my bingo wings, my thighs rub together and it's pretty embarrassing going to the pool with our friends. All in all, I've just had enough of these ridiculous things marring what should be an experience of a lifetime. I mean, I'm TRAVELLING THE WORLD! 

So here's my plan:

Diet: I've just started 4HB, which I guess is a bit paleo but gives me the crutch of being able to go wild one day a week with mango sticky rice or whatever local delight we can find

Fitness and strength: We have a pool at out apartment, so I'm swimming 25 lengths every day, I've found a zumba class in Chiang Mai (woot!) so I'm already doing that at least once a week, I've also signed up for a yoga class to help with strength, flexibility and balance and I'm starting the NF Beginner Body Weight Workout. I've also got my eye on the next 6 week challenge, which I hope starts soon!

Excited to be starting something positive :)

Welcome to the forums Jenny!!

That's incredible that you get to travel the world.  I've never been out of the country but I can imagine that having a ton of different savory options to try makes it hard to stay on track.

And just because it's my favorite, yoga for the win! I think it's one of the best ways to get in shape, but of course, diet is 80-90%.

So glad to have you!

Keliswicked, level 6 half Hobbit/ half Dwarf Druid

Progress Log  ||  Fitocracy!  || 2 3 4 5 6