Forums are back in action! ×

Chalk Another One Up on the Rosta

Hi

Having been on the mailing list for Nerd Fitness for a while now I finally decided today to take the plunge and join the community.

SO....

a little bit about me. I'm a life long geek and nerd, I think I spent four years or so as a kid dressed in my homemade Superman costume (I'm sure there are pictures somewhere) and my love for geekdom has not diminished over time. 

I'm also a trained Actor, and am trying to get my career on track and get some professional work under my belt. this means however that in the time after my graduation from my acting degree I have had to give a lot of thought to what I need to change about myself to make myself as marketable in an industry that is very fickle, thus I turn to my fellow geeks to help me to better myself (and I will mention you all if Interviews or awards ever come a knocking =D) .

I am not incredibly unfit but I know I need to lose some weight and strengthen up to look my best and feel the most comfortable in my own skin. 

I also have to take into account with my physical training that I have a disability, a reletively mild case of Cerebral Palsy, which means my body doesn't quite work the way it should, I am trying to rely on bodyweight exercises as much as possible as a way of strengthening and balancing out my muscles and meaning that I can move my body the way I want to. 

So anyway... 

enough about me. 

Thanks Guys, Its nice to finally have made it here. 

x

Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you =)

I can imagine that as an actor being in good shape would weigh heavily on your likelihood of being cast in any given part. 

If bodyweight exercises are your thing, you may also want to look into yoga or pilates.  Everything there is (usually) done with bodyweight only, I know it's true of yoga.  So you can get a great exercise that can be scaled to just about any level and not worry about too much over-exerting yourself.

Otherwise, just stick to the usual bodyweight exercises and I'm sure you'll start to see improvements. =)

Keliswicked, level 6 half Hobbit/ half Dwarf Druid

Progress Log  ||  Fitocracy!  || 2 3 4 5 6