Forums are back in action! ×

HI I'M ALEX. I am not a carrot even if I eat them. Haven't turned orange yet, I'll let you know if that happens.

I've cruised a few forums already, but the overall feel of NerdFitness just felt right. SO, let's begin with super short background - I was pushing 300lbs at 19 years old, got sick a couple years after that, diagnosed with diabetes aaaaaaand some surgeries happened. Boohoo. Enter Primal Blueprint and only changing my diet. I skipped over the excercise/play, because I am a lazy fool. Shoot forward to now, I've lost 65lbs and the diabeties. Never had to go on any meds for it. Blood glucose reads completely normal now, which amazes me every time I feel the need to check it.

Good news is that I've kept off that weight for two years now. I'm at my lowest adult weight ever. Bad news, I've been sitting between 230-235lbs for two years. I still eat mostly primal/paleo - though I've gone off course since the start of the year.  I stress eat and went through a recent 1/4 Life Crisis this past month. Completely overworked myself and burnt out. Just came out of that ordeal and there's still a part of myself missing.

I feel out of control about life and I need to get out this frustration that's building inside of me. There are things that I want and I'm holding myself back with my weight and still using it as a shield. I've grown so much since 2010 and I'm proud of that, but there's still more to do, more to push for - more to experience.

Now, it's time to start the fitness portion, I've got the food part down. On Day 3 of the Whole30. Trying not to monitor my calories this week, because when I drop my carbs and eat clean the first week is hell and I. Can't. Stop. Eating. But it's all coconut oil, veggies and some sort of meat.

I rebooted myself in 2010 to get my health back. It's time to shake things up again. Now it's time to push myself and gain vitality for the first time. I'm really freaked out by it. I've never been fit. I'm not comfortable in gyms. I'm a loner most of the time, don't really have buddies to talk to this stuff about. And I don't really know what to do. So I started the beginning body weight work out and just fyi holy shit I'm a noodle and can't do nothin'. Fuck planks! Not really. Tiny bit really. But just keep on keepin' on, right? It's time to level up.

See you guys around the forum, I'll be stalking you. ;)