Forums are back in action! ×

So I was at a water park with my crazy skinny friend and the ride we were going on had a double tube. And the lifeguard said to the pair ahead of us, "Heaviest in front." But when we got up there he said," The fatty needs to go in front." Obviously talking to me.

This made me realize that I didn't always want to be the fatty in front. My whole life I've been heavy and wanting to do something about it but when ever I told my friends my plans they said I was skinny or perfect and didn't need to do anything. I'm not telling my friends and family just my fellow rebels because I don't want any bs. I'm thinking of going Palio and start running. I'm ok being big I just would rather be the big strong one than the big fat one! Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

People won't be able to talk you into it -- only you can. You will start making changes when you're ready to dedicate.

If you're not, start making changes. Wake up and think to yourself "This is the day I become better." Do things just a little better each day. Don't grab that snack. Chug a bunch of water next time you're feeling hungry (Best tip I ever received -- cut down my portion sizes in half overnight). Walk somewhere at your own pace, even for 10 minutes. Take the stairs. Don't grab that soda. Look up the basic guidelines of Paleo (There are plenty of great articles here, or youtube "Why you got fat"). Look up C25K. 

I'll be keeping track of you, and I hope you do me. If you don't tell anyone in real life about this, I will be your accountability. Keep posting. I'll be watching. 

If you're thinking of starting to run and haven't done much of it before  think about checking out the Couch to 5k program (it's free, though there are not-free apps that incorporate it, like Zombies, Run!, which a lot of people really enjoy(.  The first time I started, I did too much way too fast and hated it.  When I started over with a walk/run program and gradually moved up to running, I loved it a lot more. 

Level 4 City Elf Scout

STR: 6 |  DEX: 5  |  STA: 9  |  CON: 8  |  WIS: 6  |  CHA: 6

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.