Forums are back in action! ×

Leveling up one quest at a time..

Hi I'm Lydia and I am new to NF. I am currently a sophomore Biology Major in college and will soon be starting a Phlebotomy program. My ultimate fitness goal is to be able to compete in a Spartan Race or Tough Mudder, but that is not my reason for getting fit, it's just something for me to work towards to motivate myself. My reason is that I need to lose some weight so that I can be healthy, and not be putting myself at risk for medical problems anymore. My boyfriend just left for Basic Training for the Navy and this was the turning point for me, I want to be able to keep up with him and be healthy like he is for our future together. It is now time to for me to LEVEL UP MY LIFE!

I'm starting with the Zombie Run in Nashville in September and getting a team together at work. I'm so psyched for it! After that it's the Secret City Half Marathon...which, to be honest, I'm kind of reconsidering. I'm wondering if doing a couple 5ks FIRST would be better than going from a 5K to a Half. :/ I don't know yet! LOL There is an obstacle course race here, called the ROC (Ridiculous Obstacle Course) which looks insanely fun, but I'm so not ready for that yet.

I JUST signed up for the ROC race that they are having here in November too!! I am super excited for it, it looks like so much fun. I think doing a few 5k's before jumping into a marathon is a good idea! As long as you train for it I am sure you will do just fine :) I have been doing the workouts on the Couch to 5k App and it has been going very well, maybe give that a try if you can, it is supposed to be a 9 week long program where you do the workouts 3 days a week.

Archived