Forums are back in action! ×

Worst part about loosing weight.

I was just gifted a brand new Dianese.

:D

happy happy dance.  My other leather jacket was cutting it- but it was legitamently too big.  the pants are even worse- I actually have no riding pants to wear at all.  I'm going to have to get custume leathers done- as well as custome riding jeans (I personally HATE the idea of kevlar riding jeans- but it's kind of a must at this point- NONE of the leather ones will fit- and I don't need a 1 piece to ride to work. It's depressing as hell.  We spent 2 hours at Revzilla.... and not a single pair of pants fit me properly.  :sadpandaface:

LOL Yeah I'm very fortunate.

The bike fairy brought me a new bike (but we paid it off together- he just fronted the money for that one while I sold my other one)... since then almost ever mod on that bike he has paid for- christmas was my full suspension upgrade :)  the two piece I had- he paid for... lol I'm seriously spoiled. 

Woohoo! Found the skinny ass leathers, and they fit!!! Yay! (Ok, so you can hardly call my ass skinny, but compared to last year - I'm practically waif-like ;) ) I haven't been able to wear these for about 4 years *shamefaced*

Most of my wardrobe is a total write off. Either size 18 which is now WAY too big, or size 10-12 (UK size) from before I put the weight on and I refuse to buy clothes until I reach my goal. (The goal is to fit the old stuff again, God I had nice clothes back then!)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

While I was losing the majority of my weight, I was in school and not working, so nobody cared if I didn't dress professionally, so I wore yoga pants and t-shirts most days. But yeah, I have several nice suit jackets that no longer fit me, I've had to take in several pairs of pants, and buy new bras...it sucks, but is awesome at the same time.

Also, stretch marks! I gained most of my weight within a couple years, so I got all kinds of stretch marks on my lower tummy, arms, thighs, and even my boobs. Thankfully my skin seems to be shrinking with me as I lose weight, but I am losing pretty slowly, it's taken me over 1.5 years to lose 60lbs. Got about 30-40 left to go! And I've noticed that sitting is not as comfortable either, but I was blaming that on getting used to standing all day during my clinicals.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Nah.. Sitting is definitely less comfortable without the extra padding. :(

My husband won't let me sit on his knees anymore. He says my ass bones dig into his legs! Ass bones! Hahaha :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

I went shopping today, and discovered that my pants size hadn't gone down yet (32", really?! New goal: get down to at least 30"), which was kind of a bummer. So I bought a pair of 32" jeans anyway, because I needed them, and noticed that when I wear them, there's this weird empty space at the waist in the back. The thing is, I always though I have a bit of back fat, but apparently not. Wtf, who designed these jeans?

:ph34r: Drifting strongly off-topic... Nobody notice.

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

On that topic, it is fracking hard to find a good pair of jeans with a 30" waist that doesn't cost a fortune.  It was much easier when I was wearing a 34...

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

On that topic, it is fracking hard to find a good pair of jeans with a 30" waist that doesn't cost a fortune.  It was much easier when I was wearing a 34...

Try being a tall skinny dude. They don't make very many 32 or 33 in waist pants in a 34 in length 

Waaaaay easier to find 36x34s. 

#fitpeopleproblems.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

On the flip side, I was a 44 / 42 / 40 waist, 32 leg.  Try to find pants with those numbers that don't have ENORMOUS PARASAILING CLOWN LEGS.  I could fit BOTH my legs into each pantleg.  

What sort of proportions do they think I have?

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Try being a tall skinny dude. They don't make very many 32 or 33 in waist pants in a 34 in length 

Waaaaay easier to find 36x34s. 

#fitpeopleproblems.

Heh, my actual size if life was perfect is a 30x33... guess what they don't make?

I can get away with a 30x32 or a 30x34 just fine but those are still way too hard to get.

#fitpeopleproblems indeed.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Arg! Jeans are my nemesis! Who exactly is it they use as a model when they design them?? I can never seem to find jeans that fit. If they fit my legs then it always seems that the waist is from a pair of maternity trousers. It's not fair!! *cries into her pillow*

Good to hear its not just us girls that suffer though ;)

On the flip side, I was a 44 / 42 / 40 waist, 32 leg.  Try to find pants with those numbers that don't have ENORMOUS PARASAILING CLOWN LEGS.  I could fit BOTH my legs into each pantleg.  

What sort of proportions do they think I have?

Ditto.

Though I now have the odd issue of getting used to pants without belts.  I was wearing a size 42 pant with a belt since they were slightly loose, while size 40's were too tight.  Now I have to grow accustom to size 34s with no belt.  All the while trying to figure out what to do with the pants I could now use for a sail.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Arg! Jeans are my nemesis! Who exactly is it they use as a model when they design them?? I can never seem to find jeans that fit. If they fit my legs then it always seems that the waist is from a pair of maternity trousers. It's not fair!! *cries into her pillow*Good to hear its not just us girls that suffer though ;)

Dear god I have serious pant problems. Really happy I'm capable of fitting into old Navy jeans at this point... Which I'm flabbergasted that I can. That whole butt waist issue.. Truly an issue... I wear a lot of skirts lol.

Arg! Jeans are my nemesis! Who exactly is it they use as a model when they design them?? I can never seem to find jeans that fit. If they fit my legs then it always seems that the waist is from a pair of maternity trousers. It's not fair!! *cries into her pillow*

Good to hear its not just us girls that suffer though ;)

I wear between an 18 and a 20, and I am most definitely a pear. My mom got my sister a pair of Size 3 stretch jeans at Chicos. She is an apple. They fit me PERFECTLY. Worth a try :)

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

Dear god I have serious pant problems. Really happy I'm capable of fitting into old Navy jeans at this point... Which I'm flabbergasted that I can. That whole butt waist issue.. Truly an issue... I wear a lot of skirts lol.

Yeah, well pin-up girls didn't usually wear today's skinny jeans ;)

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

I am lucky enough to fit into the cheap faded glory jeans from walmart, size 12 is perfect, but I like the looseness of the 14's still. (Considering that size 16 in the brand used to be my skinny day jeans, I feel pretty darned good)

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

I am tempted to go buy a pair of 10's, but I think it is a little too soon for that yet... 

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

The worst thing about my weight loss is that I don't seem to have lost any of the fat that hangs underneath my upper arm.  It's weird, the rest of me is slimming down quite nicely, but I still have fat-lady bingo wings. Yuck! I mean, seriously, if I wave my arms fast enough I swear I could take off with the size of these suckers. :hopelessness: