Forums are back in action! ×

My boyfriend checks me out way more...

So, I've hit a million weight milestones already and am basically on a "maintenance and improvement" journey when it comes to where I am fitness/health wise.

I am pretty great at sticking to my diet (which resembles the primal blueprint), and I experiment here and there (like right now I've re-introduced tamari sauce and gluten/sugar free teriyaki sauce for stir fries to see how well it goes over for me).

I do the same two bodyweight circuits every other day (I alternate them). I've started to pick up speed on specific goals (lower bodyfat %, want to be badass and do pull ups), but I already look/feel pretty good.

But it didn't really dawn on me how much I've changed since February until my boyfriend finally came to visit.

He arrived yesterday and will be here for approx. a week. It's a long-distance relationship, we only see each other 4 or 5x a year... it's kind of silly since we live in the same province, but neither of us can drive and we have very different work lives. We've been dating for ... 7 years now? Our living together within the next year or so is actually a huuuge goal of mine (and his).

Anyway, he basically said that if he had seen me walking, but couldn't see my face, he'd think I was a stranger. My body has transformed and now I'm actually "tiny" (not skin and bones by any means, in fact for a girl I'm sort of muscular, but I don't have much extra fat on me anymore.

Think Laura Croft with less cleavage/legs. And lighter hair. And more realism. And sorta totally different, but about the right build. I'm shorter.

Bah, whatever.

Now that he's here with me, I catch him checking me out a lot more. Kind of a nice feeling. He says it's because he can't get over how much I've changed since he last saw me in person... but I bet he'd stare a bit less if I had gotten bigger.

I'm more his size, now. He's half asian, so sorta tiny and has always maintained a healthy weight. His job is physically demanding (builds houses) so he's always looked pretty fine too.

Me on the other hand... I'm about the same height as him but I have always weighed a lot more. Now I weigh less than him by a few pounds (but he's all muscle).

So I guess this isn't a new milestone, but it's definitely a woot feeling. I always felt sort of out-of-place beside him. My thighs used to be twice as big around as his torso, stuff like that.

I feel like we are a better match, now.

Plus he loves that I cook more. Of course.  :rolleyes:

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

Congrats! Keep it up!

By the way, I'm jealous. 

Oooooh no don't be jealous! :(

There are tons of things in my life that are sub-par. As far as health goes I'm on the right track, but far from perfect. c:

And every small step in the right direction turns into big positive changes eventually.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

That sounds awesome !!!

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Well done! Awesome for you both!

Level 1 Druid Sea-Elf

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50159-back-at-nerd-fitness-but-i-can-no-longer-see-my-toes/?p=1094367

"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesan

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

I'm jealous. As I lose weight my husband seems to look at me less.... =/ Oh well. 

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

I'm jealous. As I lose weight my husband seems to look at me less.... =/ Oh well. 

Hey! No negitive thinking about yourself like that! What you've accomplished and the journey you've taken is in and of itself reason to feel super hot! Woot to you too. :)

Level 1 Druid Sea-Elf

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50159-back-at-nerd-fitness-but-i-can-no-longer-see-my-toes/?p=1094367

"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesan

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." -Albert Einstein