Forums are back in action! ×

n00b Wood Elf Ranger(-in-training)

I am a 24yo Wood Elf who's just started her quest (AstrayKat's Epic Quest of Destiny). I'm not horribly out-of-shape fitness-wise, but I'm certainly not in-shape... that is to say I can lift more than people expect-especially of a girl-and can run/walk/hike/swim/bike exceptionally farther than people (and my doctor) expect of my size (176lbs, which is definitely overweight for an elf of my stature). That being said, I can do better... much better.

I joined for support and help... and maybe even a little inspiration occasionally, though I'm not sure whether I'm going to participate in the 6-week challenges or not, yet.

On a slightly different note, I'm working on creating an rpg fitness game that's more rpg-like than any of the one's I've seen. As an example here's the very first quest:

Adventurer's Awakening

(yes, I'm aware that sounds a lot like Link's Awakening... that was not my initial intention, though.)

You awaken in a room familiar to you... you do sleep here every night after all. But last night you had a strange dream: a voice spoke to you, telling you that your life is no longer your own. You have become an avatar for the fates. Ultimately, how you accomplish your destiny is up to you, but you can no longer live this life as you know it. So take up your trusty bag of holding and go out and explore your local village... and perhaps pick up a few things to help you on your way.

• Walk or bike around your local village alone or with friends. 20XP
  • (optional) find local farmer's markets and grocery stores. 5XP 
  • (optional) recruit adventurers to join you on your quest. +1 CHA and a questing party