Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys! My name's Kellye, I'm 18, about to start college, and about forty pounds overweight. I really want to do the next six-week challenge, which is why I'm getting involved now.

I guess it's time for my story and why I'm adventuring here?

Well, a couple years ago when I was sixteen, I reached my heaviest: a whopping 220 lbs for a 5'4 girl. That's when my dad (who had gotten over 300 lbs) started my family on the paleo diet. During that year, I lost about 30 lbs, the year after about 10, and now I've flattened out at 180~. It's still too much, but I've definitely felt healthier and even gotten my first boyfriend!

So now I guess my goal is to get fit to be a really hot girlfriend so that when we have land parties all his guy friends will be jealous. :tongue:

More than that, though, I want to be fit for me. I run every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and walk the other days of the week. Through May I did the couch to 5k program and even competed in my first real race in June that I actually finished. It was a huge accomplishment. I had never before dreamed of running that far without stopping.

Now I'm doing it again, trying to improve my time for the zombie run I'm attending in late September. My main problem with losing the weight is diet. I am so easily fallible, a milkshake here, a nice dinner out with parents/friends/boyfriend, and I fail.

I'm hopeful for college, though. I plan on utilizing my school's amazing rec center and trying out weight lifting once I can do basic pushups and pullups like a normal person.

Anyway, that's my (probably too long) introduction. Maybe you guys have some recommendations for sticking to a mainly paleo diet? I'd really love that.

Tall Female Gnome

Pre-Adventurer

Adventure Prep | Prep Restart

No stats yet for I am unskilled in the ways of fitness.